Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 AM

Default NL50 folded KK to a paired board.. was I right?

UTG ($33.45)
UTG+1 ($56.75)
UTG+2 ($46.25)
Hero ($51.45)
MP2 ($37.35)
CO ($61.40)
Button ($2.75)
SB ($46.25)
BB ($71.30)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($0.25), BB posts blind ($0.50).

PRE-FLOP : Hero has Kd Kc
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $2, UTG+1 folds.

FLOP: Jd 4d Jh
BB checks, UTG+2 bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50, BB folds.

TURN: Qh
UTG+2 bets $16, Hero folds.

I know that if I reraised before the flop this didnt happen.
also I was thinking about reraising on flop but my plan was to scare him by calling and then to reraise on turn.
when he betted so much on turn, I put him on AA or a J. AA: he maybe tried to lure someone all in by raising so much PF, he dont raise 5BB normally
Old 10-16-2007, 08:48 AM

Default Re: NL50 folded KK to a paired board.. was I right?

what are your reads??? This is one of those hands that is very read dependent.

Obv. raise to like $8 PF is better, then call a reraise all in or get the money all in on the flop. If he has AA, nh.

As played, fold, id say his range (despite having no reads) is AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ. So your way behind.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

I think had you 3 bet pre-flop this hand would have been much easier to play. You would have taken it down PF, taken the lead or atleast have a better idea where you stand. Your in position use it to your advantage.

I think it's safe to assume the 5bb raise is 4bb plus 1bb for the limper. After his raise I would have bumped it up to $9ish and if he came over the top well then you have a decision, otherwise make a cbet as this paired board looks good for your hand.

As played I would have liked to see a raise on the flop, since you called to see a turn and he bet strong again, it looks like a fold (although there is a case for a push). Unless there is a specifc read I don't see the villian playing that strong without a strong hand. I don't like calling the turn as 50% of your stack has now gone in the middle by calling, and the pot is setup for a river shove.

Without a read or stats this hand is difficult to play as it sits. As said it looks like a push or fold, I don't like calling. But since you showed no aggression villian could think your calling with a low pp or on a diamond draw, I just don't know. I am looking forward to seeing toher responses.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:14 AM

thank you very much so far.
I have no real reads on my opponent other than he is a pretty good player (playing often, not loosing much), seems to be no gambler.

I dont know how much he knows about me but my table image was a bit loose, I think. didnt thought on him puttin me on a flushdraw, that sounds reasonable to me..