Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Stars: Buy the FPP bonuses before it\'s too late?

[ QUOTE ]
if everyone spent all their FPP on bonus coupons then Stars would be screwed

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I remember this. I don't think I said so at the time but I really don't see why it should be that big a deal though.
Would it really be so terrible if practically every player spent their points on the bonuses instead of the various other knick-knacks there?

There are still going to be plenty of low-level players who take forever to get to 3k FPP's or something and then have the big decision of which book they want to get.
But even if there weren't and every single player purchased the bonuses which is a worse price than many of the store items I just don't see why that would be such a horrible thing for Stars.

So if more people prefer spending their points on actual cash that typically stays in circulation on their site or replaces losses as opposed to buying books or a PokerStars sweatshirt that suddenly would be a terrible thing?

Maybe the cash stays in circulation so much that people end up depositing less frequently and that is somehow a bad thing. But I think having that ability instead of going broke but at least I have a book to show for it is something that Stars would not want to happen to their players.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know how much Stars cares but I know I would. The idea that pathetic individuals end up better off finacially because of their sleazy behaviour rubs me the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point re: concierge, but I don't get it WRT bonuses.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if more people prefer spending their points on actual cash that typically stays in circulation on their site or replaces losses as opposed to buying books or a PokerStars sweatshirt that suddenly would be a terrible thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people cash out the cash so it doesn't stay in circulation. I guess it depends on if someone is a winning or losing player. But if you assume there is a correlation between high volume and winning then most would cash out.

[ QUOTE ]
But even if there weren't and every single player purchased the bonuses which is a worse price than many of the store items I just don't see why that would be such a horrible thing for Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pure speculation but I think that even on items that are offered at a better price that is when you calculate it with the market price. My guess is Stars gets these items in bulk and pays a discounted price.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow
Old 10-17-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand how the concierge system can be abused to get a better $/FPP ratio, what I don't understand is how buying bonuses is 'abusing' anything. If stars wants to limit me to a certain # of bonuses, that's fine, I guess, but that's probably something they should say upfront.

Also, what else am I going to spend the points on? 5,000 Mercier posters?
Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM

I don't think buying bonuses is abusing the system.

My only mention of bonus was that about 6 weeks ago Scotty said something about if everyone bought bonuses Stars would be screwed. I don't know what that means or why they would be screwed but that explains why the bonuses are not permanent but instead are extended 6 months at a time. They obviously are monitoring the volume for some reason.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM

Here was Scottyy's response from a previous thread:

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

------------Was the concern that there would be too much participation in the bonuses, thus detracting from the rest of the fpp store?

Yes, if every single VIPs FPPs were spent on the bonuses, this would be a problem.

Scotty
Old 10-17-2007, 02:40 PM

I personally think if there was too much participation in the bonuses that they would raise the price and/or the requirements. And not because they would be getting screwed. They would probably do it because from an economical standpoint they could make more money by doing so.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM

i think having conceirge points worth more than bonus points is creating the abuse issue

no reason they shouldn't be worth the same amount of points
Old 10-17-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here was Scottyy's response from a previous thread:

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

------------Was the concern that there would be too much participation in the bonuses, thus detracting from the rest of the fpp store?

Yes, if every single VIPs FPPs were spent on the bonuses, this would be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible they have certain minimums with the fulfillment services. But there is a big difference between "this is a problem" and "we're screwed".
Old 10-17-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would suspect there would be a huge uprising if they just yanked them away.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Full Tilt would have A LOT of new players if the bonuses disappeared. After all, what would we do with all of our FPP?

[/ QUOTE ]

get chevron gas cards like me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm going to drive all of 2008 on stars free monies [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]