Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Monster Hunter 3 to be Wii Exclusive

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/...fx4204151.html

Another blow for the PS3 which Monster Hunter 3 had been planned for, but at the same time great news for the Wii. Could signal the beginning of stronger third party support of the Wii with 'real' games.

I'd been waiting for the Wii to come out with one more game I want before picking it up, this will probably do it for me. But I'm curious how the online component of the game will work on the Wii. Hopefully well! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 10:06 PM

Default Re: Monster Hunter 3 to be Wii Exclusive

Regardless of your biased useless comments, i dont think more then 5 people are actively anticipating any Monster Hunter game even if you truly are.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM

Not sure how my comments are biased or useless? Read the article. It's interesting. Quote:

[ QUOTE ]

In unveiling the exclusive deal with the influential game developer, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said that the company is now 'entering the third phase of its strategy, aimed at expanding the game player population.'

'With the release of the Nintendo DS portable game console and Wii stand-alone game machine, we managed to lure those who have never played games or those who have stopped playing games to play them,' Iwata said.

'I understand that some experts argue that our success is short-lived and temporary. So, we now need to make efforts to constantly expand the player base by offering services and titles that can appeal not only to those who have never played games but also to those who play them hard,' he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

It really does seem like Nintendo is actively working to get more 'serious' games from third parties, and that's a great thing.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:52 AM

Oh noez ps3 is definitely doomed now.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of your biased useless comments, i dont think more then 5 people are actively anticipating any Monster Hunter game even if you truly are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 AM

I don't really care about the PS3 side of this. I found it entertaining so I posted it. The Wii getting a big third party title exclusive and apparently actively seeking out more "real" titles is the real news. As an aside, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 sold over 700,000 copies in its first week and that's just in Japan.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care about the PS3 side of this. I found it entertaining so I posted it. The Wii getting a big third party title exclusive and apparently actively seeking out more "real" titles is the real news. As an aside, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 sold over 700,000 copies in its first week and that's just in Japan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post was fine, I think its interesting too. I was a bit baffled by 4 high's rather venomous response to what I considered a pretty harmless OP. Hence my picture... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 01:59 PM

Dire is known to take shots at the PS3 whenever he can and his post is yet another example of it.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dire is known to take shots at the PS3 whenever he can and his post is yet another example of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, this has been in the works for a while. They stopped development on the PS3 version far before they signed this deal. Defnitely not a loss for the PS3 IMO, fairly good pickup for Wii, but we'll have to wait to see how well it gets implemented.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:46 PM

They couldn't come up with a better than Monster Hunter? That sounds like some kind of kids game.