Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 11:04 PM

Default KTs is a lot like JTs

table is loose with a couple aggro spots.

some dude raises from ep. he's pfr'd a couple times but i don't remember any of those hands going to showdown. coldcallers galore and hero coolcalls in the sb with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. bb comes along.

flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. 6 players, 12 sb.

hero remember the advice in his JTs thread and DONKS(?). bb calls, pfr folds, 2 more calls, CO RAISES. co is one of those aggressive spots. HERO 3BETS(?). 1 guy comes along and co calls.

turn is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. hero leads and both call.

river is 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. hero bets again(?).
Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 PM

Default Re: KTs is a lot like JTs

GOGOOGOoooooo

oh sometimes I fold pf. tho the odds may be good, could be setting ourselves up to pay off a better hand postflop.

river changes nothing, but you know that. 78[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:10 PM

folding preflop would be bad with a raise a coldcall a coldcall and a coldcall.

postflop i don't know how to play 6-way rofl. this seems fine. i like the flop play as long as CO is aggressive postflop and would push a draw here.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:52 AM

does CO raise for free cards? does he bets his draws (regardless if he has equity or not)?

3bet is sweet on the flop, turn is standard, I would check/raise the river since u say CO is aggressive, he might try to bluff a busted draw and also bet a weaker king. Its been a while since I last played limit, but I don't think you want an overcaller in this spot, so you might push off the BB.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:23 AM

The flop is quited uncoordinated bar the flush draw that didn't get there on the river. Aggressive CO might raise to flop for a free card in this big pot OR trying to protect TP against the FD. Judging from his cold-call preflop and absence of flop cap his potential TP holding is not very strong.

When it gets to river it is quite unlikely anyone has made the backdoor straight. More often than not you're against busted FDs or pairs. I don't think many, even quite aggressive, villains would bluff a busted FD 3-way here because the Hero showed quite much strength OOP on the flop and led the turn into two players. For the same reason I don't fear a raise from a better TP on the river.

Hero bets again hoping to get paid by worse kings by CO and whatever the loose BB is having and quietly confident that he won't be raised by a better king here too often, especially if BB calls. A raise by either villain almost always means we're toast.

Headsup against CO I'd check-call the river. With the loose BB in it you have to bet IMO.

Flop 3-bet is fine as protection against free card raise and to maybe knock off some gutshots and middle pairs. If CO would cap we could probably peel one and fold UI on turn quite safely.

I think I like the donk too. If we check it could easily come back to us with some callers and a raise (potentially as a semibluff) making it difficult for us to cold-call or 3-bet, maybe forcing us to fold the best hand. Donking could also knock off some gutshots or middle pairs in fear of being raised from behind.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:14 AM

yeah i hate this.

i check the flop and probably call.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When it gets to river it is quite unlikely anyone has made the backdoor straight. More often than not you're against busted FDs or pairs. I don't think many, even quite aggressive, villains would bluff a busted FD 3-way here because the Hero showed quite much strength OOP on the flop and led the turn into two players. For the same reason I don't fear a raise from a better TP on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are your thoughts on the BTN's reaction if he had a weaker top pair and was checked to? A good portion of the time, an aggressive player here would bet.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:32 PM

I don't get the flop bet but I like it after that. I love leading into PFR's in general but it rarely makes sense with top pair imho
Old 10-05-2007, 01:13 PM

nh!
I especially like the 3-bet on the flop. But, man, 6 plyrs pre-flop with like 4 cc... wow!
Old 10-05-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the flop bet but I like it after that. I love leading into PFR's in general but it rarely makes sense with top pair imho

[/ QUOTE ]

are you c/c or c/r this flop, brad? donk turn or call down (assuming board/action doesn't get scary)?