Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Was this post useful?
Yes 4 21.05%
No 15 78.95%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM

Default Re: cavemen/carpoolers - season premiere(s)

did geico buy a spot on cavemen?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM

I tivo-ed Cavemen, and am watching it now. Not very good. BUT, if you have it tivo-ed or dvr-ed, listen closely to when the caveman and his girlfriend are in the bunkbed at the fake-Ikea. Right after she says, "Oh my God, you are all hair!", what does he say? Seriously, it sounds a LOT like he says, "I love f---ing here". Obviously, it's not what he says, but what did he say?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone I was watching Carpoolers with was cracking up pretty hard when dude's son says something along the lines of:
"How much does dinner cost, I've never bought it before, is it... a thousand dollars?"

This character is my favorite so far. He seems to be inspired by Napolean Dynamite and I'm sure many will hate him for it. I wasn't impressed with the acting of junior or the black guy, but they might grow on me.

I've only got one other show I watch, so I'm going to make a point on keeping up with this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are only going to watch 2 shows, please let neither of these be one of them.

That line did kill though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm open to suggestions, but I really don't watch much TV. I just happened to have it on last night and happened to like this show.

I also watch The Office, because it's hilarious.
I'll start watching Lost once that comes back on because I'm addicted.

If I watch any other sitcoms it's usually my DVDs of Freaks and Geeks, Undeclared or Arrested Development. I doubt there is anything of this caliber on TV currently.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:53 AM

Couple things about Cavemen:

- The guys in the commercials are not in the show. Two of them tested for it but didn't get it and the third is John Lehr, who has his own show on TBS (10 Items or Less) so he wasn't able to do it. The creative from the Martin Agency who was primarily responsible for conceiving the Geico campaign took a leave to work on the show, and the directors of the commercials (Speck/Gordon) directed the pilot. Not sure if they're doing all the episodes, but probably.

- The cavemen look worse because of how long the makeup and prosthetics take to apply and how cumbersome it all becomes after only a few hours. When you only need thirty seconds of material it's easier to spend more time applying everything and to shoot quickly enough that discomfort isn't as big of an issue. I'm assuming they're undergoing a different process on the show than on the commercials to deal with this.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple things about Cavemen:

- The guys in the commercials are not in the show.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of them (Jeff Daniel Phillips) is in the show. According to http://imdb.com/name/nm0680489/board/nest/70771823 he's the one who is in the following Geico commercials:
Airport/Royksopp spot-people mover
Mango-Salsa-"no appetite" caveman
CNN-type interview
Penthouse Party-the caveman in the white jacket.
The caveman in www.cavemanscrib.com

He only has a small part in the show. He's the one who couldn't drive the other guys to the club because he drove his Boxster. And he said to the chick on the curb.

Overall, I thought that was one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen. I didn't laugh once. None of the humor of the commericials is there.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was severely disappointed in Cavemen, I've always loved the Geico commercials and thought it would be awesome like them

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the excellent track record of commercials crossing over into successful sitcoms?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:45 PM

Geico commercials have good humor, filling their 30 seconds with 30 seconds of humor.

Having 30 seconds of humor in a 22 minute show is ridiculously awful, and I can't believe anyone green-lighted this.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tivo-ed Cavemen, and am watching it now. Not very good. BUT, if you have it tivo-ed or dvr-ed, listen closely to when the caveman and his girlfriend are in the bunkbed at the fake-Ikea. Right after she says, "Oh my God, you are all hair!", what does he say? Seriously, it sounds a LOT like he says, "I love f---ing here". Obviously, it's not what he says, but what did he say?

[/ QUOTE ]

He said, "I love working here."

This show was [censored] terrible.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:13 PM

zero chance either of those shows survives october. move along, nothing to see here.

p.s. "gentlemen, let's carpool" might be the stupidest tagline in television history. people need to be fired over this.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no chance either of those shows survives october. move along, nothing to see here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually - if last night's ratings are any indicator they might stick around - both comedies opened for ABC quite nicely - won outright in all male demos for the hour, 2nd overall to CBS (barely edged by NCIS).

Haha but if this thread is any indicator, should see a decent drop-off in next week's numbers...

-Al