Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-01-2007, 06:16 AM

Default what is the biggest pokerroom where you can play in euros?

hello
I'm a european player and I dont want to watch my bankroll shrink every day because of the falling dollar. I dont see an end in this with the dollar reaching an alltime low every day. Ive already seen some pokerrooms in euro (or pounds) but I dont remember which they were (and I think it makes a difference if they have an option to +display+ the money in euros or really +play+ in euros.)
can anybody tell me about pokerrooms completely running on euros or pounds?
thank you
Old 10-01-2007, 06:54 AM

Default Re: what is the biggest pokerroom where you can play in euros?

you can setup your party account in euros. games run only in dollars but at least your bankroll doesn't shrink this way. it doesn't matter if the games run in dollars since you don't lose anything in conversions when you play. you just lose in conversion fees (which are ridiculous on party) if your bank account isn't in euros
Old 10-01-2007, 06:56 AM

and if the rake would be capped at $3 and 3e it would make it more expensive to play at euro tables with the 40% higher rake
Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and if the rake would be capped at $3 and 3e it would make it more expensive to play at euro tables with the 40% higher rake

[/ QUOTE ]

This is technically true, but you're also playing for proportionately higher stakes if you're playing in euros, so it doesn't actually matter at all. $3 from a $100 pot and 3e from a 100e pot is the same rake percentage, the euros are just worth more.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:46 AM

let me think for a minute.
say I change my partyaccount to €.
the games still run in $
so a BB of 50cent today is a BB of 35€cent.
if the dollar falls further, will the BB be 34€cent for me tomorrow? or do they have a fixed rate? will eveything be displayed in € for me or just be conversed when leaving a table? will my bankroll in € grow every day compared to the BB/buyins I had yesterday when the dollar was a little stronger? this sounds almost too good... or am I being stupid here? a lot of questions so I got to say thank you in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 07:47 AM

yes same rake percentage but it doesn't matter anything. If you play stakes where the pot constantly reaches over 60 units you pay more rake at euro tables.

GBP 1000nl equals to USD 2000nl but you would pay twice as much rake in pound tables. obviously it matters and you don't even have to play this high for the rake to reach its cap often enough.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
let me think for a minute.
say I change my partyaccount to €.
the games still run in $
so a BB of 50cent today is a BB of 35€cent.
if the dollar falls further, will the BB be 34€cent for me tomorrow? or do they have a fixed rate? will eveything be displayed in € for me or just be conversed when leaving a table? will my bankroll in € grow every day compared to the BB/buyins I had yesterday when the dollar was a little stronger? this sounds almost too good... or am I being stupid here? a lot of questions so I got to say thank you in advance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes the exchange rate changes always but if you happen to play 24 hrs straight for example and the rate changes you will use the same rate as when you took the money to the table so you won't win/lose anything this way

usd 50nl is around 35e nl at the moment but if dollar goes up you will have less buy-ins in dollars then obviously. or if it continues to fall you could have the 34c big blind some day
Old 10-01-2007, 10:54 AM

fair poker, poker utd. both use your balance in euro, when you buyin for the cashgame, they exchange it to dollar. So basically 3 months ago I bought for 50 dollars and had to pay about 40 euro, nowadays I pay about 35. The only [censored] thing is that I receive the rakeback in dollar and during the month the dollar felt down too much.