FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you down
YES, AWESOME 10 66.67%
NO, BASTARD 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko

[ QUOTE ]

My point is, cant they still induct him? He doesnt have to be willing for them to do that, does he? They might have to modify their ceremony a bit, and its going to be a temporary black eye for them I'm sure, but they can still put him in. Or, at least thats what I'm asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have always assumed the Hall could indict anyone they wanted, whether or not they agreed, but I vaguely recall someone who was familiar with the process telling me that since it's a seperate entity from MLB, they have to get a signed release on various stuff in order to use a name and likeness to promote thier "product".

There was some talk on it at different times previously when Reggie and Roger each had the flap over which hat they wanted displayed on their eventual plaques, and whether or not it was up to the player or the Hall....and while it is up to the Hall, ultimately it appeared to be at the consent of the player in giving them permission to represent his name and likeness, etc.

I dunno for sure though, I'm sure someone will ask them to comment on it. I think that may only apply to the plaques though, if it's even true... certainly not the MLB photos and artifacts previously donated.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bonds will boycott the HOF if they display the ball with an asterisk.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3090631

[/ QUOTE ]
Good for him.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:33 AM

Ya. Good for him, but he is bluffing. Barry Bonds sucks my donkey's anus. It would be so awesome if he simply wasn't inducted (I love how RedBean said 'indicted') because writers knew he wouldn't accpet. Regardless, I'm gonna go play some unlimited hold'em, possibly until the break of dawn.