Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Burning DVD\'s

A lot of the time when I have movies on my computer they're an image file which is easy to burn via imageburn. I currently have a few movies on my computer which after extracting still show up as a rar file which can be played by vlc but I have no idea how to actually burn them to dvd. What's the best way of doing this?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Burning DVD\'s

Extract the rar file.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Extract the rar file.

[/ QUOTE ]

The movies are in the form of a few dozen rar files which I always click on the last one and "extract here". This usually ends up with the finished product of either an image file or a avi or something, but these ended up finishing with another rar file. When I tried to extract this file it ended up with two folders one which is audio and one which is video. The RAR file will play with vlc though, and opens in the dvd options menu.

How do I get the two folders onto dvd that will play on my tv if I extract the second rar file?

edit to add: they're dvd quality files and have the opening dvd options but when you extract the second rar for some reason the two folders end up being videoTS/audioTS which I'm guessing are telesinc (sp) even though it's a dvd rip.

edit again: the second extracted files are ifo
Old 08-21-2007, 03:17 AM

Have you tried mounting the second rar file with daemon tools then ripping it with something like ImTOO DVD ripper?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:32 AM

If you can explain how to use daemon tools I will do this. My brother has mentioned this before but I have no clue how to do it. I need to know what program to use after to actually burn it too though.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:57 AM

Go here to download daemon tools and install it. It'll ask you to restart so do so. When it's done, run it and there'll be a red icon in the bottom right hand corner.

Right click > Virtual CD/DVD-ROM > Device 0:[some drive letter] No media > Mount image and select the image file (that rar)

It's basically a disk image emulator and can mount CD/DVDs on virtual drives, so if you look in My Computer you'll see that a new drive has appeared out of nowhere. Don't worry you can disable this, and you can also have multiple drives with daemon.

If you want to unmount images right click the icon again, virtual CD/DVD-ROM and unmount all drives, if you want to disable the virtual drive, select set number of devices and set it to disable.

Once you've mounted the image, use something like ImToo DVD ripper to select the virtual drive, and rip. There are other alternative DVD rippers available but ImToo is the most effective one I've used [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2007, 02:31 PM

ImToo DVD ripper isn't free and I don't feel like paying 45$ or whatever for it. Is there any free dvd ripping software that will work? I've tried downloading like 8 different ones but none of them will open the files.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ImToo DVD ripper isn't free and I don't feel like paying 45$ or whatever for it. Is there any free dvd ripping software that will work? I've tried downloading like 8 different ones but none of them will open the files.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Decrypter

do so reading on this site in general also.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:08 PM

I pretty much want to blow my brains out right now as I've spent like 6 hours trying to get this to work today. I'm starting to wonder if I bought dvd-r's that won't work on my computer or something. I dl'ed nero and still can't get anything to burn.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:06 PM

Which part are you having problems with? Daemon tools / ripping / burning DVDs?

What kind of error messages are you getting (if any) when using those programs?