Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: grade the level of poker thinking in this explanation

[ QUOTE ]
har har dont you mean A+++++++++

[/ QUOTE ]

oh. whoops. i actually mean C+.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:01 AM

all he needed to do was put the bb on 44 and he's a golden god.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:09 AM

This hand really depends on how BB views hero. Since he's not considering that, I give this analysis a C+.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 AM

i didnt ask if you play it the same. i asked for you to evaluate the level of hero's thinking.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 AM

how is his thinking primitive? baronzeus and dean think it's fine.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:27 AM

u think this player is bad for other reasons then this explanation... why are u chasing this guy, it makes no sense to me... he has probably been a bit lucky when he playing high-limit holdem, and there probably are better players then him, but so what?

The only reason I can see u guys are after him is because u think u are a better players then him but still cant make the money he did. But in what way is this his problem? Or whyt should it be a problem for anyone at this forum?
Old 08-07-2007, 04:03 AM

An added benefit of taking the lead on the flop is that you can get max value out of AQ and AJ who will call river unimproved a decent amount of the time. Other than that, I think calling this flop sometimes, especially when u have a good read, is fine. In the shorthanded games I play in at 50 and 1/2 on stars this flop needs to be checkraised almost every time.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 AM

i dont really care about him at all, dont even know him, im sure he's a great guy, no reason to think otherwise. im just trying to prove a point to myself and others about limit hold em being more about luck than any of us care to think about.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:04 AM

B-. I think the equity edge the SB has on the flop needs to be pushed here, as he has prolly a 6-10% equity advantage of the BB's MADE hand range (pairs or better) and has ridic. equity against AQ/AJ which need to peel to the wheel. I also this it's a mistake metagame wise to not push in this situation because apart from just losing pure value, it's a spot where you can be agressive and get players remembering that you fastplay draws and showing down weaker holdings every time one misses. I also think a 3 bet bet in more prudent if the river is a heart since your hand just doesnt look like hearts, you will get raised by worse hands for a value a lot, and might get called by big aces that would check behind.

I think the thought process of this this hand is a good amount below expert, however i think it's not as horrible as you make it out to be Mike, and it is of course one hand. I know the results and ppl. in question, and i don't think it makes me biased here.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 AM

i definitely dont think it's super horrible. i mean it is the way a fish would play it, but that's not what we're talking about here, how to play the hand, because i think there are times and places (against certain opponents as well as for metahand reasons) where it could be how an expert plays it as well.

what matters is recognizing that equity edge on the flop and that requires being an educated player who can think on level 3 correctly and spur of the moment. i was shocked that a player beating the levels this player's been beating for as long as he has didnt mention any of this level thought in his analysis. i think it's B or C rate thinking, that most mediocre self taughts would come up with, and i think that he has had the success he's had further proves the sick amount of luck inherent in LHE. is there something im missing?