Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 03:30 AM

Default Re: Incredibly stupid question regarding clothing/weddings.

FWIW I am back now and I would say out of the 150 people there it was split about in half men/women. Out of 75 guys I'd say that maybe 5 had suits or even a jacket on. The guy I rode with to the wedding has to wear a suit all the time for his job, and he ended up wearing a polo shirt and khakis. I'm starting to wonder if my group of friends just has a much more casual view of weddings in general. I certainly didn't feel underdressed at all seeing as 9/10 guys were dressed almost exactly like myself.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 AM

Wow, we live in totally different worlds. I was at a wedding on Saturday and, out of about 50 male guests, exactly one guy was not wearing a suit (I made an effort to take notice of it after seeing this thread). I've been to two other weddings in the past year, and both had similar suit/non-suit ratios.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I am back now and I would say out of the 150 people there it was split about in half men/women. Out of 75 guys I'd say that maybe 5 had suits or even a jacket on. The guy I rode with to the wedding has to wear a suit all the time for his job, and he ended up wearing a polo shirt and khakis. I'm starting to wonder if my group of friends just has a much more casual view of weddings in general. I certainly didn't feel underdressed at all seeing as 9/10 guys were dressed almost exactly like myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
If people were wearing polo shirts and khakis, I would have expected a note on the invitation saying that dress is casual. If there was no note, this is just weird. People don't just show up underdressed to weddings without some reason.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Um, if you've ever worn short sleeves and a tie, stop now."

I do this when I'm wearing a jacket and know that I will never be taking it off. Mostly because my weight changes have left my nice clothes collection a little suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're calling me a retard?