Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Lair: Another PS3 letdown?

Looking like another big upcoming PS3 exclusive may be in trouble. Upcoming EGM reviews for Lair have been leaked: 5.5/10 from 3 reviewers.

The release date for Lair has now been pushed back 3 weeks, citing "an extra step in QA testing to enhance the community features in the game." This in spite of claims from Sony, just last week, that Lair development was complete and the game had gone gold.

That's 2 (see: Heavenly Sword) of the PS3's biggest 3 exclusives for this year, looking to flop. What will the future for Uncharted: Drake's Revenge hold?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: Lair: Another PS3 letdown?

To contribute to this Pro Xbox 360 propaganda: BioShock is getting 10s all around.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:46 PM

Dire, why do you care so much about the success or failure of teh PS3?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved the PS2 and was looking forward to the PS3 for a longggg time. However, Sony's hubris just ended up really hurting the PS3 - it could've been such an awesome system. That was really frustrating to me as a gamer. The fact they've sold almost 5 million units is frustrating to me as a consumer and as a capitalist. It shows there's really just alot of misinformation regarding this console. I'm pretty sure there's more than a couple of people who aren't just "fanboys" in that 5million. Researching what's going on with the PS3 is entertaining for me and sharing it is my way of helping any consumers make the most informed decision they can.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Well, the Wii, PS3, and X-360 all have pretty glaring problems imo, singling out the PS3 is a bit fruitless.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:39 PM

While Rogue Squadron looked great for its time, the gameplay was mediocre at best. The Lair scores do not surprise me in the least.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:41 AM

I disagree that Wii has any glaring problems. Wii has delivered exactly what it promised. Fun and innovative gameplay that we are just beginning to see in action.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Being paid to do viral marketing is a pretty good incentive...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that Wii has any glaring problems. Wii has delivered exactly what it promised. Fun and innovative gameplay that we are just beginning to see in action.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lack of selection of games is a huge glaring problem. They have even less top titles in production then Sony does.

Also the VC is woefully understocked. When Nintendo announced it they made it seem like it would be overflowing with old games and have top notch selection. While it is slowly getting better it is nowhere near as good as most thought it would be.

The lack of any real online gaming is also a glaring problem.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 AM

it's been 9 months; people are spoiled and impatient these days; it takes time for new consoles to get a large selection of AAA titles

and now that strikers is out (and pokemon), there is online

and next month comes madden/fifa/etc with online
and then many other games will be online in the next 6 months

this is just the calm before the storm; the fact that nintendo is releasing zelda/mario/metroid/smash in the first 54 weeks of existence is unprecedented...and they have at least a dozen other games in production right now...some are new IP so they may not seem like 'top titles' but they may be better than some of the known 'top titles'

the VC release is strictly a business decision to maximize profit; if u release the top 100 potential games in the first 6 months, nobody is gonna buy the filler/crap games...but by spreading out the release of good games, u get tons of money from people buying the mediocre ones (and it does have 37 8.0+ games so far according to ign, which is 4 good games/month, or one/week)...(and many of the ones in the 7s are what i'd consider GOOD games: mario kart, castlevania, fzero, tecmo bowl, kid icarus, etc)

so basically, 100% of the issues u named (wii games/vc games/online) are due to the fact that wii is only 9 months old, and all 3 issues will be fixed in the next 6 months or so