Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: A-Rod and Yankees may negotiate during the season.

[ QUOTE ]
I would book this bet in a heartbeat.

Do you have a preferred method of death for when I come to collect?

[/ QUOTE ]

i laughed
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd bet my life a-rod never sees 30 million a year in his next contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you'd like to bet money, instead of your life, then I'd be interested.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:24 PM

Karak,
It sounds like you are fairly certain A-Rod is staying in NY. I hope he does, he's one of my favorite players. If NY does extend his contract, how do you think Jeter reacts?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Karak,
It sounds like you are fairly certain A-Rod is staying in NY. I hope he does, he's one of my favorite players. If NY does extend his contract, how do you think Jeter reacts?

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, the Jeter-ARod relationship is way overblown. Nothing has affected their play, so there's no point in talking/writing about it.

Jeter's reaction will be something along the lines of: "I'm really glad Alex is going to be back with us for a few more years; He's a special player and hopefully he can help us win some championships."

Even if Jeter did hate it, this would be his reaction. Without a doubt.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Karak,

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Jeter will be happy to have A-Rod staying. The media really blew up this whole Jeter/A-Rod thing. They have both come out, publicly, and said there is no bad blood between them.

I watch a ton of Yankee games and I always pay attention to what the players are doing when they don't think they are on camera. IE looking into the dugout during a shot of the crowd or angle on the batter.

Jeter and A-Rod can often be seen smiling, talking and joking around. I highly doubt there is really any bad blood between them.

But say, by chance, there is some bad blood (and I really do not think this is the case). Like the other fellow in this thread said, Jeter will not say ANYTHING negative publicly. He'll put on his best face and say how happy he is to have A-Rod back.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alright. how much? just straight up, no odds.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A-Rod has repeatedly said (and Boras cringes every time he says it) that he wants to stay in New York. One time he made a quote along the lines of "I'd rather die on the field than play anywhere else". It is obvious to anyone that listens to the man, A-Rod, that he wants to stay there. Most sports writers, however, sell columns by preaching about the pitfalls of the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he hated NY do you think he'd actually come out and say it? I mean if I was a pro athlete you'd never hear me say "I hate NY, its full of queers on the subway" even if thats what I thought.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A-Rod has repeatedly said (and Boras cringes every time he says it) that he wants to stay in New York. One time he made a quote along the lines of "I'd rather die on the field than play anywhere else". It is obvious to anyone that listens to the man, A-Rod, that he wants to stay there. Most sports writers, however, sell columns by preaching about the pitfalls of the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he hated NY do you think he'd actually come out and say it? I mean if I was a pro athlete you'd never hear me say "I hate NY, its full of queers on the subway" even if thats what I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think he'd come out and say it.

At the same time I don't think he would go out of his way to say time and time again that he wanted to stay, either.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think he'd come out and say it.

At the same time I don't think he would go out of his way to say time and time again that he wanted to stay, either.

[/ QUOTE ]
Many athletes have done just that. Heck some talk about how much they love where they're at while demainding trades behind the scene. Bottom line I'll believe he wants to stay when he signs the contract that keeps him there.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

alright. how much? just straight up, no odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're willing to bet your life but not willing to give odds?

Either way I'm a little wary of making a bet with a guy with 10 posts. If we can work out a trusted third party to hold the money and can work out some terms then we'll deal.