Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: When do or should customs trump law?

AAG,

I agree 100%. This is why I'd allow people to eat the dog but not to kidnap and rape 14yo girls.

Also, I don't think I've seen you around before, so welcome to the Lounge [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM

Okay, my Israel statment must be wrong. I live near a large orthodox Jewish community. I see the women have to do what any male tells them to do, even if it is the mother and the child is 10 years old. I also see them with bruises on their face. I apologize if I have corralled Israelis with the wrong people.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:32 PM

3. Hmongs in California have a big problem with this type of thing: 20-ish Hmong man decides he wants to marry a 14-year-old Hmong girl. So in keeping with tradition, he kidnaps her, against her will, and rapes her and keeps her locked up to make her his wife. Against American law, clearly

Wait, so this is wrong? There go my hopes for an autumn wedding.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:25 PM

Wherever Americans are, their customs are surely the ones that are wrong and intolerant. If people with crazy habits visit or live in our country, it is we who should be tolerant and understanding, and if we aren't, we're xenophobic racists. On the other hand, if we as Americans visit another country and engage in our usual behavior, offending local sensibilities, it is we Americans who are being ignoranant and racist when we don't pay proper heed to local customs.

It's simple, really. American = bad. Foreigner = good. Americans should be tolerant, foreigners should be authentic. Anyone American who disagrees should be stoned to death.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM

well all you white americans are really European at heart, so blame us guys :P
Old 07-12-2007, 04:00 PM

We love you British. You're like the Americans that are more convenient for terrorists. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM

I'm pretty sure we'll have to do away with the freedom of religion thing at some point or other. Then the problem will be solved.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:14 AM

blarg,

i dont know about the dogs head, but the other things would be illegal in their respective countries so calling it "their culture" seems pretty silly. i am definitely against female gentil mutilation.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wherever Americans are, their customs are surely the ones that are wrong and intolerant. If people with crazy habits visit or live in our country, it is we who should be tolerant and understanding, and if we aren't, we're xenophobic racists. On the other hand, if we as Americans visit another country and engage in our usual behavior, offending local sensibilities, it is we Americans who are being ignoranant and racist when we don't pay proper heed to local customs.

It's simple, really. American = bad. Foreigner = good. Americans should be tolerant, foreigners should be authentic. Anyone American who disagrees should be stoned to death.

[/ QUOTE ]
are you auditioning to be rush limbaugh or something? this is retarded.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
are you auditioning to be rush limbaugh or something? this is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounded pretty dead on to me.