Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Speculation on X360 price cut

[ QUOTE ]
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has said he expects $50-70 cuts to soon follow across all models of the Xbox 360.

Pachter said in his latest notes to investors on the forthcoming E3 Media Summit that he expects the Xbox 360 core model too fall from $299 to $249, the Xbox 360 premium model to be cut from $399 to $349, and Xbox 360 Elite model to go from $479 to $399.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=14606

He goes on to state that he expects it "will come no later than at Microsoft’s Tuesday night press conference."

It will be interesting to see if this actually happens.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Speculation on X360 price cut

I really don't see this happening. It makes about zero sense with the elites still selling out. And with the new [cheaper to manufacture] processor right around the corner, it makes no sense for them to try to boost sales forcing more production/losses. Not to mention that within a few months there's a few mega games coming, the least of which not being GTA / Halo 3. Those are going to be huge console selling games and lowering prices right now just means they take larger losses - for what's probably going to be a minimal number of users buying a 360 that wouldn't have otherwise.

Just my couple of cents.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter has said he expects $50-70 cuts to soon follow across all models of the Xbox 360.

Pachter said in his latest notes to investors on the forthcoming E3 Media Summit that he expects the Xbox 360 core model too fall from $299 to $249, the Xbox 360 premium model to be cut from $399 to $349, and Xbox 360 Elite model to go from $479 to $399.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Analyst needs to work on his math skills.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't see this happening. It makes about zero sense with the elites still selling out. And with the new [cheaper to manufacture] processor right around the corner, it makes no sense for them to try to boost sales forcing more production/losses. Not to mention that within a few months there's a few mega games coming, the least of which not being GTA / Halo 3. Those are going to be huge console selling games and lowering prices right now just means they take larger losses - for what's probably going to be a minimal number of users buying a 360 that wouldn't have otherwise.

Just my couple of cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they do it, it has nothing to do with revenue and everything to do with trying to keep Sony from building any momentum.

Microsoft can afford to throw money away with the goal of being the dominant player in high end video games in the next generation. This is obvious from their methods of getting exclusives and trying to get exclusives on other consoles broken.

Should be interesting. Sony seems to mostly have their heads up their asses now.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:29 PM

Shoprite already has the premium listed at 350, so there might be some truth to the rumor.

Eitehr way, the MS E3 press conference is tonight at 8:30, so we'll find out then.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:30 PM

can someone please help me. i was gonna wait until halo 3 to come out and then buy the 360. but if they cut the price, ill go ahead and buy it now. my question is whats the difference between the three xbox systems? thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 06:36 PM

I dont think this will have much effect. Alot of people have been waiting around for Sony to lower their price to get a PS3. I dont think i have heard or read a single person saying they are waiting for the 360 to lower its price.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my question is whats the difference between the three xbox systems? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

The main difference between all three is in the hard disk space. The core has no HD, the premium has a 20GB and the elite has a 120. You will fill 20GB sooooooooo fast with the Live marketplace, so I'd strongly recommend the elite. It's also a different color (black) and comes with HDMI.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think this will have much effect. Alot of people have been waiting around for Sony to lower their price to get a PS3. I dont think i have heard or read a single person saying they are waiting for the 360 to lower its price.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm truely waiting the 360 to drop their price.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 AM

No price cut announced at the MS E3 presentation. In fact, other than an RE5 surprise, the whole presentation was pretty weak.