Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Nevada - most dangerous state in the U.S!!??

[ QUOTE ]
I was perusing the net on living conditions in Las Vegas and good places to live and was stunned that Nevada was the most dangerous state in the US to live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was only during the NBA All-Star week [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After the traffic this week, it most likely is dangerous because I'm ready to run down in order: Cali drivers, taxis, pedestrians, and 4,000 cones, barrels and sawhorses on the Strip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please move pedestrians to the front of your list. At least the Cali drivers and taxis are more or less driving on the road where they belong. The idiot pedestrians run out into the street whenever they feel like it. I thought they were bad in the past but they seem to get worse on every trip I make to Vegas.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:51 AM

Most Dangerous States, 2006

[ QUOTE ]
Methodology: To determine the most dangerous states, rates for six crime categories—murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft—are compared to the national average for a given crime category.

[/ QUOTE ]

Press Release

[ QUOTE ]
LAWRENCE, KS — Nevada today repeated its designation as the nation’s most dangerous state. This marks the fourth consecutive year that the Sagebrush State has earned this designation. The announcement was made in Crime State Rankings 2007, an annual reference book published by Morgan Quitno Press, a Lawrence, Kansas-based independent research and publishing company. At the opposite end of the rankings scale, North Dakota repeats as the nation’s safest state, an honor it has held for the 10th time in the 14 years of the award.
"The story for Nevada remains the same as in previous years,” said Scott Morgan, President of Morgan Quitno Press. “As a rapidly growing state, it struggles with crime and other problems. It has some of the highest murder, robbery and motor vehicle theft rates in the country.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Safest and Most Dangerous U.S. Cities, 2006
[ QUOTE ]
NOTE: Cities with 75,000+ population. The rankings are based on a city's rate for six crime categories: murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oddly enough, in spite of Nevada's most dangerous state ranking, Las Vegas is not in the top 20 most dangerous cities.

St. Louis most dangerous U.S. city (2005)
Old 06-17-2007, 06:14 AM

I suspect that this is at least somewhat a statistical anomoly.
This statistics by state is per capita, and let's remember that a very high % of people in Nevada live in two urban areas - Las Vegas and Reno. Crime is higher in big cities and there is not alot of population in the rural areas to "even out" the numbers. Also car theft is really high here and that is included on that survey - I would rather live in a place higher in car theft than murder, can't really equate the two.
FWIW, I lived in St.Louis for 8 years before living in Vegas, and I feel much much safer here.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 AM

Ive seen CSI - as much as Grissom and the team (prior being split up) try, they will never stop the fact there are two murders every week in weird and odd circumstances - luckily they solve every crime, sooner or later.

Who are you?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your sources have to be wrong. I believe St. Louis is the worst and so is Washington DC.

Im in chicago and once a bum asked for a .25 when i was on the way to the Bulls game taking local. Ghetto area on West Side. I give him a .25 and hes like i want .50 more. My friends r like the light is green, so i floored it almost taking the arm off cuz he wuldnt take it out of the window. Then his ass drops the change on the ground b/c i took off

[/ QUOTE ]
This pretty much proves it, except you´r story is completely meningless. Keep it up.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, and motor vehicle theft, rape

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you said rape twice

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I like rape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies, damn lies, and statistics
Old 06-17-2007, 12:04 PM

Where the white women at?

Old 06-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Being canadian I am more concerned by being attacked by an american then worrying about a one in a billion terrorist attack. Of course your president will bail out the families of the said terrorists living on american soil.
Very sad fact of life..
Old 06-17-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Being canadian I am more concerned by being attacked by an american then worrying about a one in a billion terrorist attack. Of course your president will bail out the families of the said terrorists living on american soil.
Very sad fact of life..

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf??!!