Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 06-16-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Nevada - most dangerous state in the U.S!!??

(mods, I thought B&M would apply here, since there are a handful of aspiring B&M pros)

I was perusing the net on living conditions in Las Vegas and good places to live and was stunned that Nevada was the most dangerous state in the US to live in. I would have thought NJ, NY, CA, and Michigan rank higher on the danger scale.

(FWIW- 1. Nevada 2. Louisiana 3. New Mexico 4. Arizona, 5. Maryland)

I can't remember ever being afraid in the three times I've been to LV. I'll admit, there's a lot of bums trolling around asking for change, but I've always thought they're harmless. There must be something in the desert air that makes people batty??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Nevada - most dangerous state in the U.S!!??

Your sources have to be wrong. I believe St. Louis is the worst and so is Washington DC.

Im in chicago and once a bum asked for a .25 when i was on the way to the Bulls game taking local. Ghetto area on West Side. I give him a .25 and hes like i want .50 more. My friends r like the light is green, so i floored it almost taking the arm off cuz he wuldnt take it out of the window. Then his ass drops the change on the ground b/c i took off
Old 06-16-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your sources have to be wrong. I believe St. Louis is the worst and so is Washington DC.

Im in chicago and once a bum asked for a .25 when i was on the way to the Bulls game taking local. Ghetto area on West Side. I give him a .25 and hes like i want .50 more. My friends r like the light is green, so i floored it almost taking the arm off cuz he wuldnt take it out of the window. Then his ass drops the change on the ground b/c i took off

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ how bad the American education system has become. The purchase of St. Louis, that was Steward's Folly right?

I wonder what % of American's would say that St. Louis was a more dangerous state than Chicago... or maybe they are just both "the worst"

Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol @ how bad the American education system has become. The purchase of St. Louis, that was Steward's Folly right?

I wonder what % of American's would say that St. Louis was a more dangerous state than Chicago.

[/ QUOTE ]

St Louis (specifically East St Louis) is known by Chicagoans to be a pretty tough area. The west side of Chicago (i used to live within walking distance of the area the one poster described at Grand & May) is also pretty dangerous if you don't know your way around or you look like a target (a suburban kid driving a nice car for instance). I have a couple of crazy stories but for the most part as long as you don't have your head up your bum you'll be fine.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:05 PM

LOL@ 5 YR Old bully..

About the only thing a bum did to me was wash my windows while pumping gas. The windows were pretty dirty from the long drive, and he said he was doing it for a living so I said sure go ahead. I gave him 50 cents and he asked for more and I said that's all I have. I get in the car and the bum hardly even cleaned them!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I'm guessing the reason why states like Nevada and Arizona rank so high is because almost all of its population harbors in metro areas and you don't have quaint little cities like Mayberry..
Old 06-16-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

neither St Louis nor Washington, DC is a state
Old 06-16-2007, 09:29 PM

If something said Nevada was the most dangerous state, with no other context, it might not even be talking about crime.
Could even be something related to radiation from nuclear tests and/or nuclear waste storage. You really need to look at violent crime statistics by city, if that is what you are worried about.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! You stopped your car, opened your window to give change to a bum? I didn't know people did this.

How old is this story? Not too long ago I can't imagine doing anything between UC/Stadium parking lot and the IKE/getting back in the Loop except trying to get the hell out of their ASAP. Unless you were planning to pick up one of the hookers that used to hang out on Madison between the Loop and the Stadium.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

obv never been to north vegas
Old 06-16-2007, 11:56 PM

After the traffic this week, it most likely is dangerous because I'm ready to run down in order: Cali drivers, taxis, pedestrians, and 4,000 cones, barrels and sawhorses on the Strip.