Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Road trip from Seattle to Las Vegas - best route?

Do you want to stop off at different poker rooms along the way? If so, I would suggest the I5 route. Their are small rooms along the route in Redding, Sacremento, central valley, Bakersfield. My favorite small room is Diamond Jims in Rosamond California. Its just about 10 miles south of the CA58 on CA14 when you travel from Bakersfield to the I15 in Barstow.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:52 AM

I'm contemplating the same trip. Do I drive, and have a car when I get there, or do I fly for about $300 (round trip) and then shuttle, bus and taxi?

Then there is the route. Like you said there are three. Which one? I hate that drive. I just drove up from Phoenix, and that was a bear.

If I had more time, I'd take the I-5 and stop in LaCenter, San Francisco, San Jose and LA. Then I'd drive through Barstow (the gateway to Bakersfield) on to LV.

I was also wondering about going to Mt. Shasta and then on to Reno, play a little at the Peppermill, and then down. But I couldn't find out much about the drive from Reno to Vegas. I assumed it was two-lane most of the way. I'm sure it's a boring drive, but it would be a lot better if it was freeway.

I'm leaning toward the Yakima, TriCities, Pendleton, Boise, Salt Lake City route. That's one I haven't taken, and if I'm in the mood and have the time I could detour to the Grand Canyon. I was at the South Rim on Chrismas day, so a trip to the North Rim would be nice. If you haven't been, it's worth the side trip--a must see.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:28 PM

you could always rent one when you get there (if you fly)
Old 05-16-2007, 01:02 AM

Why would you not fly? especially with the price of gas where it's at, unless you have some other destination on the way, or you're driving a new convertible or something cool like that.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM

$300 to fly and you want to drive? 1800 miles? WTF?

Look, say you have a nice compact car and get 30mpg....thats 60 gallons of gas right? Thats what....like $200 or more?. Plus wear and tear on your car. Plus an entire 24 hour day lost each way?

Again, WTF?

Even from Los Angeles I usually drive the 5 hours or so each way, but I fly anytime airfare is under $120 round trip.

Once in Vegas, whether or not to have a rental car is dependant on your age and where you are staying.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:45 PM

wtf
fly
ftw
Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 AM

Unless you plan on stopping different places along the way and making it a fun road trip, FLY.