Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Do people have the moral obligation to tell people how to eat?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wish people felt the moral obligation to keep their opinions to themselves honestly. If I want to do something that hurts only myself and nobody else, wtf business is it of yours (or anyone's in general)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because smokers never make me cough by blowing [censored] in my face and we all know drunk drivers never hurt anyone.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that got to do with anything? Believe it or not a large majority of people who like to drink and get drunk don't drink and drive. That's like saying rape is bad and therefore sex is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're fooling nobody but yourself if you think people with drinking problems bad enough to inspire friends to intervene are the kind of people with the sense to not get behind the wheel.

SpaceAce
Old 05-11-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why is it socially acceptable though? How is it any different then being a drug addict/alcoholic/smoker?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think overeating is the same as being a drug addict. OK.

How many roaring drunks or drug addicts actually just quietly enjoy their habit until they die? Not many. Too many alcoholics are beating their wives and driving head-on into mini-vans full of soccer kids. Too many drug addicts are stealing my stuff to fund their next fix. Depending on which studies you choose to believe, too many smokers are increasing the risk of cancer for the people around them.

How many people per year die from fat people rolling over on them? I don't have the number in front of me, but I bet it's small.

SpaceAce
Old 05-11-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's accepted that if someone smokes, or drinks to much that it's ok to call someone out and tell them that they're killing themself by doing so. I've wondered for a long time why it's not actualy PC to tell someone that they're eating themself to death. I'm curious why in my mind it's ok to hate on a smoker, or a heavy drinker, but it's not OK to tell someone who eats trash every day that they're doing harm to their body.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not OK in any of those circumstances, and I find it amazing that people actually think it is. They have every right to harm themselves and it's none of your business.

If they are harming you or society with second hand smoke or drunk driving, then yes it is your business. But beyond that, shut the [censored] up.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Drunk driving was never part of the OP, you're changing the subject from "things people do that harm themselves" to "serious public dangers".

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what are you talking about? Deinking and smoking were the oNLY things I mentioned and you replied directly to me. Get real.

In addition, DRINKING was one of the things the OP DID mention and DRUNK DRIVERS start out by DRINKING. I can capitalize more if you still don't see the connection.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

The OP said smoking, you are the one that brought up second hand smoke. Smoking itself (what the OP mentioned)is "things people do that harm themselves". Second hand smoke (what you changed the subject to) is a "serious public danger".