Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: result

Man this game was awesome, so many fun hands. I can't remember the action but the best was where Stinkypete and I went like 5 bets on the turn and then I check called the river and he announced "jack high" and I quickly turned up Q5 high.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-21-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: tough spot against a brilliant lag

[ QUOTE ]
"i woulda bet the turn"

and react how to a c/r by either player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I forgot that you turned a gutshot draw. I woulda folded to a check raise by either player if i did bet the turn, which I see now may not be a good idea.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:05 PM

pretty sure that turns getting c/red almost every time and possibly c/r/3 bet as that happened before at least twice with both players having nothing. perhaps i shouldve prefaced how tough this game was playing, i at least tried to show how bad pete was playing against chris.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:25 PM

Given DD's description of the game (5 bets on turn/Q high is good), then you obv call A8 there on river. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 11:53 PM

he was playing differently against me then he was against pete. dont make the mistake of thinking that because they went ape on action means the game was easy.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:54 PM

On the contrary, it's clearly a very tough game, with the players adjusting expertly to the short-handed, aggressive nature. Given that, A8 rates to be good in this spot on the river more than enough to justify the call.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
utg is death donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read this hand, and of course the results were spoiled halfway through the thread, but against DD, A-high has mucho showdown value. It would be hard for me to fold it to him -- actually I value-bet K-high on the river against him in a home game.

He called. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
utg is death donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read this hand, and of course the results were spoiled halfway through the thread, but against DD, A-high has mucho showdown value. It would be hard for me to fold it to him -- actually I value-bet K-high on the river against him in a home game.

He called. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair that was probably a 2/4 or 3/6 game and this was 20/40. I just think this is a tough spot for Mike and judging from the first like 10 responses in this thread, donking is a damn efficient form of bluffing. I mean The Funky Llama who I think is a great player said to fold the flop right away so I'm risking one SB to win 10 and great players are ready to just give up ace high. I'm pretty happy about that.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-22-2007, 01:13 AM

yeah. whoever taught you to donk like that?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:41 AM

I think you made a good fold. I really can't see this call as being a good call in the long run. I also retract my previous statement of betting the turn. I have problems against good LAGs in shorthanded games precisely because I bet the turn in this spot way too often I think. If you had like 99 or 88 or 77 or whatever, would this have changed anything, or do those hands have the same showdown value as A8?

In this particular game, is cold calling preflop such a bad play? I find that mixing in cold calling with 3 betting in position against a good LAG works well for me sometimes.