Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Bomb Threats At Your University?

I don't know if anyone else is having issues today but here at Kutztown University we have had multiple bomb threats and fire drills throughout the morning. Classes still have not been cancelled though there is an eerie buzz around campus. I for one am just going to go home for the weekend. Even if it is an [censored] kid I figure I would be avoiding any problems.

I don't know if this has anything to do VT, Columbine or what but it is very unnerving. Wondering if any other campus' are dealing with this today and how they are handling it.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Bomb Threats At Your University?

has any bomb threat ever been real?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:41 PM

When's the last time a bomb has gone off, anywhere?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When's the last time a bomb has gone off, anywhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you aren't counting the mideast since the answer would be between the time i started typing and the time i hit post.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Had one at Maryland yesterday.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I can't see how someone who truly wanted to harm people with a bomb would bother calling and letting the someone know about it.

Someone I know who works at CMU said there was some sort of bomb threat at his building and they had to evacuate, either yesterday or the day before. A guy in my history class was saying they had a bomb threat where he works (the local utility company) yesterday.

Whenever something happens, in this case what happened at VT, the jack-asses crawl out of the woodwork and do even more stupid [censored].
Old 04-20-2007, 07:16 PM

Not a bomb threat but where I live (Sacramento area), a guy threatened to go on a killing spree that would make VT look like nothing. They closed down the schools and there was a manhunt the whole day until the guy finally turned himself in last night and hadn't hurt anyone. I think they said he had a bad drug/alcohol problem.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:27 PM

We had 2 bomb threats last week from someone who wasn't certainly capable of killing many people. (I attend VT)
Old 04-20-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I can't see how someone who truly wanted to harm people with a bomb would bother calling and letting the someone know about it.

Someone I know who works at CMU said there was some sort of bomb threat at his building and they had to evacuate, either yesterday or the day before. A guy in my history class was saying they had a bomb threat where he works (the local utility company) yesterday.

Whenever something happens, in this case what happened at VT, the jack-asses crawl out of the woodwork and do even more stupid [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

the CMU thing ended up not actually being a bomb threat. someone was using an old prop for a class production\play that apparently looked like a bomb. he brought it into his car, and someone thought that it was a bomb. they called the police on the student\guy who as using the prop, and the police had a huge freakout and surrounded the guys car, etc.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the CMU thing ended up not actually being a bomb threat. someone was using an old prop for a class production\play that apparently looked like a bomb. he brought it into his car, and someone thought that it was a bomb. they called the police on the student\guy who as using the prop, and the police had a huge freakout and surrounded the guys car, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! When he was giving us the play by play he apparently didn't have that info yet as he was still stuck outside of his building, but he did mention the chasing of a guy who got into his car or some such. Oh well at least it wasn't one of those mooninite terrorists!