Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Any cool Bars in Orange County, CA

roma cucina downtown fullerton is a sweet italian food bar place
Old 03-14-2007, 10:59 PM

Used to goto Heores in DT Fullerton years ago, they have moved but I hear still a fun crowd
Old 03-15-2007, 12:22 AM

The Yard House and Sutra in Newport are two of my favorites.

KG
Old 03-15-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sharky's in Newport and a few of the joints around there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember back in the day, I used to go out to Sharky's with my buddies. I'm pretty sure it was in Hermosa... but, I think it burned down recently. Or, maybe you're thinking of a totally different one (or they re-built).

-RMJ
Old 03-15-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yo lets go out in newport beach sometime next week or something

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, pm sent pete

[ QUOTE ]
Used to goto Heores in DT Fullerton years ago, they have moved but I hear still a fun crowd

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there the other night and the bar is ok but there are too many familys there and stuff
Old 03-15-2007, 03:30 AM

As others have said, Main Street in Newport is great. Fred's, Hurricane's, Sharkeez, HB Beer Co., and a bunch of other cool places. If you like UFC, most of them show the PPV's and get packed early.

Newport has some good stuff, too, but less concentrated. There's a Sharkeez there, too. Some Irish pub (Mularky's or something). Newport Brewing Co has good food, I think okay nightlife. A place called Cabo Cantina has karoake nights that are actually a ton of fun if you get a group together. Other nights are better for dates.

Costa Mesa has Goat Hill, which is okay. There's a Yardhouse. Sutra & Las Vegas are probably the closest thing to dance clubs in OC and are right at Triangle Square or near it. Expect long lines and cover charges. 90%+ of OC hangouts don't have cover charges. One of my old watering holes is Pierce Street Annex on 17th St., but it's gone way downhill in the past couple years.

The Irvine Spectrum has a Yardhouse, Fox Sports Grill, and a few other places. Mostly a good place for dates, but not a bad place to look for chicks. Crappy Irvine laws have pretty much driven all the dancing options out of the Spectrum in the past couple years, so it's all bars now.

Try Taco Tuesdays at Tortilla Flats on Lake Mission Viejo sometime. Best $1 tacos I have ever had and the place has a beautiful patio overlooking the lake. The weather is starting to get good again and this place will go off pretty well for a Tuesday in a normally quiet neighborhood.

Aliso Viejo has a place called Timeout Tavern that is pretty cool on weekends. During the week they have random theme nights (country music and stuff like that).

The Block in Orange is very limited in the options for picking up girls, but it a decent place to take a date to watch a movie and grab a drink.

Ummmm, I guess that leaves Fullerton, which you have already noted. That and HB are probably the best 2 barhopping options in OC.

PM me if you need more specifics like directions. If you name a particular city that I haven't mentioned, I may be able to tell you of a small bar or two. Also, I could tell you where a few pool halls are if that interests you.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:59 AM

Im in OC during the work week and home in SF for the weekends (doing that traveling consultant thing) so I haven't gotten a full taste of the night life. Have been to Sharkees a few times and I like the Yardhouse in Triangle Square, its more my scene, good for sports and I love trying new beers. Other than that we've gone out in Hunnington Beach a few times, a lot of the beach/surfers/fake blonde types...but I guess you wouldn't have moved to OC if you weren't into that eh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2007, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im in OC during the work week and home in SF for the weekends (doing that traveling consultant thing) so I haven't gotten a full taste of the night life. Have been to Sharkees a few times and I like the Yardhouse in Triangle Square, its more my scene, good for sports and I love trying new beers. Other than that we've gone out in Hunnington Beach a few times, a lot of the beach/surfers/fake blonde types...but I guess you wouldn't have moved to OC if you weren't into that eh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, while Fullerton is full of college students due to it's location, HB is full of beach people/surfers because of it's location. The great thing about HB it also is a great place to hang out on a summer afternoon and there is great food at nearly every place along Main St.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:20 AM

I live in fullerton and would like to hang out sometime. I like to go to florentines off commonwealth and harbor, they have karaoke and a pool table. Chomp is a nice sushi bar that is pretty close to florentines as well.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 AM

http://www.downtownfullerton.com/pag...ants--bars.php