Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 04:27 AM

Default 100NL flopped gutshot royal draw

Havent been at the table for more than 20 hands. No real reads on the villian. Its Faaantastic at Full Tilt may or may not be a 2+2er

Preflop I think his range is going to be fairly small so I elect to call I dont mind if we go multiway to the flop. I just dont want to re-open the betting here. If I knew more about him I would re-raise but I elect to be cautious.

I flop a monster draw (obviously). He bets out, could be a cont bet. Atm I still have A-high with a monster draw so I raise hoping to squeeze out any fold equity I may have in the hand. When he repops me I know his range is AK+ with AK being right at the bottom. But I feel like I already have too much in the pot to fold so I shove.

Basically I just want ppl to comment on my thinking and if they feel there are any other lines for this hand that make sense. Ie calling flop, shoving any non pairing turn etc.

The hand

Full Tilt Poker
$0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP1: $45
Hero (MP2): $162.75
MP3: $113.55
CO: $95.55
BTN: $68.05
SB: $24
BB: $160.15
UTG: $100
UTG+1: $119.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.5, 9 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $3.50</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls $3.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $5</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $23.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $57</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $159.25</font>, UTG calls all in for $39.50
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 AM

Default Re: 100NL flopped gutshot royal draw

I call this flop everytime. I don't see anyway your A or Q plays here and he very well may have KKK.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:46 AM

Say you call the flop do you have a plan for the turn or are you just going to check fold?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:49 AM

You are 34% against KK*3/JJ*3, 46% against AA*3/AK*9. The repop to $23.50 is alright if a bit high; once he raises to $57 you have no FE but are raising $73 to win $201.5.

So assuming you have 40% equity against his range the EV of showing is ($201.5*0.4 - $73 = $7.6). Plus the meta benefits of being aggressive.

So as played I think it's a shove unless my math is wrong (which it might be).

If however you would have raised less on the flop and gotten 3-min-bet then probably it's a call (depends on the specifics).

If we call flop then turn check-fold or check-call depending on pot/implied odds (assuming we miss turn).
Old 02-20-2007, 06:11 AM

Yeah was playing at full tilt I just mashed the pot button. I had typed in a bet of 17 then decided to go with the pot as I felt it maximized my fold equity.

I'm probably thinking about it too deeply but I feel with a massive draw like this I NEED to play it like my sets, so as to add atleast some deceit into my play. But having said that I dont think too many ppl are concentrating on that @ 100NL.

On a side note I think the villian min-3bet on the flop is a pretty horrible play
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 AM

Actually the flop raise is fine if you play your sets this way.

Nice hand; what did villain have; did you suck out? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-20-2007, 06:19 AM

anyway he had JJ and the turn river blanked. Also your maths looks pretty good.

Any other comments?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 AM

sigh, since Jim Pwned me so hard HU ill make a strat post here , seeing as how this spot requires aggression and you guys play FR so your probably totally lost [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (j/k obv). above math is good and yes you need to play it just like this and you should play 44 the same, nh
Old 02-20-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sigh, since Jim Pwned me so hard HU ill make a strat post here , seeing as how this spot requires aggression and you guys play FR so your probably totally lost [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (j/k obv). above math is good and yes you need to play it just like this and you should play 44 the same, nh

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is exactly what i though I mainly posted it to check if anyone could prepose any other line. Which it seems no-one can think of.

I kinda like the call shove any turn that doesnt pair the board. But the whole problem is that the villian almost always hits that flop fairly hard.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:19 PM

I like your play postflop. You mentioned possibly reraising him PF though. Against an unknwon i would never advocate this. I'd only do this against a maniac. An UTG raise means something and that something is often better than AQ suited.