Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 07:33 AM

Default luck starting to turn my way

so i don't really post on forums much but felt compelled after my recent upswing.

i've played a number of tournaments (all online) before and done pretty well, with a first place in a micro buy-in tourney and a fair number of cashes. i had cashed out from all sites that i played on a month and a half ago when the online poker scare started, and haven't really played much since then besides a couple home games. i then decided that i had enough of a break from playing online, but didn't really feel like putting any cash back in my poker accounts. so instead i decided to do a little experiment and see if i could turn free money ($ won in a freeroll tourney) into at least a semi-respectable bankroll.

well i ended up winning a NL holdem freeroll 2 nights ago (my first cash in a freeroll since starting the experiment). had 1,200,000 chips going into the final table with the next closest person at 183k. I get $10 for my efforts.

Last night, I play a $1 tourney w/Rebuys on the same site and end up placing second for a payday of a cool $148 (i only rebought once so $146 ROI for that win) all this within 24 hrs. I've gotten that over $200 playing NL ring games since, and am still going. hopefully luck will continue to be on my side. i'm trying to use good bankroll management, not sitting down at a NL table with more than $5 at the moment.

anybody else done anything like this?

any advice on general bankroll management to make this "experiment" more successful than i ever deemed possible? should i be playing ring games over tournaments? i'm decent at both but seem suffer sometimes when i "take a shot" in bigger games.

i've been playing seriously for the last 3 years with the last year and a half showing me the bulk of my success. when i staked myself i would often go broke, but sometimes would be able to build up a signifcant roll but ultimately cashed out my big wins within a week or so of making them. overall for the past 3 years I've had 36% ROI so the wins outweigh the losses, but i'm looking to improve that. basically i'm trying to take my game to the next level (to use a completely overused cliche in the poker community) and I feel that building from nothing is the best way to try and do that.

any advice/tips on this stuff?

thanks and nice to be here!
-c
Old 12-20-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Re: luck starting to turn my way

My friend, you have come to the wrong forum. If you need any advice/tips on how to donk off most of your roll and how to best let off some steam once you have done so, I'd be more than happy to help. Until then...
Old 12-20-2006, 07:47 AM

cash out now. poker is evil
Old 12-20-2006, 07:53 AM

sorry, i'm an idiot
Old 12-20-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

well i ended up winning a NL holdem freeroll 2 nights ago (my first cash in a freeroll since starting the experiment). had 1,200,000 chips going into the final table with the next closest person at 183k. I get $10 for my efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol freerollaments

try sticking your dick in a toaster, thats an equally fulfilling experiment except its over quicker
Old 12-20-2006, 01:17 PM

HAHAHAHAH
Old 12-20-2006, 01:19 PM

See if you can borrow Brandi's
Old 12-20-2006, 10:59 PM

actually tried the toaster thing once. it wasn't very fulfilling in either the literal or metaphorical sense.

i do appreciate your witty banter, however, and blatant disregard for my actual inquiries lol

-c
Old 12-20-2006, 11:05 PM

Is it possible to move up in freerolls? If so, move up.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol freerollaments

try sticking your dick in a toaster, thats an equally fulfilling experiment except its over quicker

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]