Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-16-2006, 01:31 AM

Default So I suck at hi/lo. 2/4 hand

HORSE - 7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.44 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (5.44 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (11.44 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (13.44 BB)
Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Re: So I suck at hi/lo. 2/4 hand

You need to fold sixth; the pot is pretty small and you may get jammed with no outs for high. Otherwise fine.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:08 AM

Yeah, you probably should fold sixth, you're getting about 4:1 on a 6:1 draw and apparently Seat 1 has a monster.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:15 AM

Well, you suck at catching cards. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would bet fifth. You're a little less than even money to make a low, and that low will be good nearly every time. When you consider that you have a non-zero chance of taking high, I'd guess you have something approaching 50% equity if both others call. If they both fold, that's even better. If you get one caller, I think that's fine.

By sixth street, the odds against your making a low have risen to something like 3:1 against. With the raise, your pot odds aren't quite that good. If you think that an Ace or an Eight might be good, that might swing this to a call. I think it's close.

I can't put your opposition on hands for the life of me.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very likely Seat 1 has a full house or quads on fifth.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very likely Seat 1 has a full house or quads on fifth.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking as well. 5th was a failed C/R. The other guy has a King in the hole.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:33 AM

Rolled Deuces makes sense. Pocket Sevens doesn't make any sense, but he could have them. He can't have quad Nines. Why would he go for a check-raise on fifth? Our hero raised with a board of 65. Does he really think he's going to like that stinky Queen? I'm not saying the guy isn't full. I'm just saying I can't quite make sense of it. I can't read hands worth a crap. I just play my cards and hope for the best.

Don't most folks raise split Kings when they play them?

Anyone remember Mark Glover? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2006, 02:41 AM

Betting doesn't do him much good. Hero's going to call and if the king doesn't have another one behind he'll probably fold. However, if the third player does have split kings he'll bet, allowing him to face Hero with two cold, and the kings will probably put him on two pair and call down.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:01 AM

fold sixth. you're almost definitely playing for half the pot and can call one bet but not two.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying the guy isn't full. I'm just saying I can't quite make sense of it. I can't read hands worth a crap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seat one had J9 in the hole. The 6th street advice is appreciated though. Sometimes I seem to have trouble letting go of hands in this game [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]