Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-14-2006, 01:54 PM

Default 50/100 hand Foxwoods

i have been thinking about it a lot today. i am not sure if it is post worthy.

7 or 8 handed game.

I raise A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] from MP. BB calls.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB chks, I bet, BB raises.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, I raise...

I am pretty sure at this point i am a 35/65 or a 40/60. In the last 2 orbits I have lost with KK, AA, JJ (twice), all without showing. so everyone thinks I am some lag retard. This guy seems to be on the weakish side, but I think he is smart enough to showdown any K or T vs me here. Which is why I think raising the turn was a mistake.

he calls turn raise.

I miss the river. He checks and I check behind.

anyone play differently? sorry if this was a stupid post.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Default Re: 50/100 hand Foxwoods

Considering your current image you will probably have to showdown the best hand, so it doesn't seem like a good time to make this play.

A simple turn call, fold river unimproved, or raise if you hit seems like a better line.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:00 PM

oh and how good, if at all, is a turn raise here if i have my usual tight/solid/winning image?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh and how good, if at all, is a turn raise here if i have my usual tight/solid/winning image?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you have been showing down winners and are getting more respect then you actually have some fold equity with the raise, and it can be a good way to mix up your play. Depends a lot on your opponent and current image though.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:46 PM

I think the question is whether or not you were calling on the river if you smooth call the turn and villain bets the river? In which case I believe it is correct to raise the turn for a small fold equity and an extra bb when you make your straight or flush. If you plan to fold to a river bet when villain bets than you should just call and save 1bb. I like to raise turn in this spot when I have a pair that I won't fold for a bet on the river and a draw. If I make my hand I get 3 bb's and if not I lose the same 2 bb's. I am new to posting so I hope this made sense.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:50 PM

"I think he is smart enough to showdown any K or T vs me here"

there's really no way this is good then, right?

especially with the flush draw showing up I dont think this is any good. Who was this against btw?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:56 PM

Unless you have a real strong read that BB is making a play at you on the flop, or given his image of you and your image of him that he may lay down a weak king, the turn raise is bad. if you feel your aq has showdown value against him, that is, he is likely to make a play at you with say qj or worse, turn raise is good. but against the vast majority of live opponents with that board your'e behind and should see river for 1 bet.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:29 PM

With your image now I don't like it. The only thing we beat on the river are busted draws and I don't think he'd c/r us with a draw. With a tight/solid image I think it's good.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:52 PM

by the way, once you got to the river as you did, i'd give serious thought of following through and firing once more against the right opponent. it only needs to work 1 in 8 times to show a profit
Old 11-14-2006, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
by the way, once you got to the river as you did, i'd give serious thought of following through and firing once more against the right opponent. it only needs to work 1 in 8 times to show a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

OP says villain will show down any K or T. I would disagree with you here.