Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-15-2006, 12:28 AM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent
Default Re: Adrian Peterson out for the season

[ QUOTE ]
Sucks for the guy. He's getting injured a lot, it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked to me as if he has no one to blame but himself. Appeared he was showboating and dived into the end zone when it was completely unnecessary. Guess he must have inherited those good judgment genes.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:59 AM

It must suck to be an Oklahoma fan right now. First Bomar, then the Oregon fiasco, then getting whipped by Texas, then talk of sanctions against OU for Bomar and now this. Wow.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:03 AM

ZOMG The Next Charles Rogers!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one positive for Peterson is that this won't seriously hurt his NFL prospects.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if he put up a 1800yd 20td season like he was on pace for, I think he prob jumps after the season, Im not sure he goes pro now

[/ QUOTE ]

he will be a top 3 pick, he will definately go pro after this season.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The one positive for Peterson is that this won't seriously hurt his NFL prospects.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if he put up a 1800yd 20td season like he was on pace for, I think he prob jumps after the season, Im not sure he goes pro now

[/ QUOTE ]

he will be a top 3 pick, he will definately go pro after this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. What else is there in college for him? He most likely would have won the Heisman this year if he continued on that pace. He was in the NC game. He's going to be a great back in the pro's I don't see any reason why he should not come out.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looked to me as if he has no one to blame but himself. Appeared he was showboating and dived into the end zone when it was completely unnecessary. Guess he must have inherited those good judgment genes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get your eyes checked. He was tripped up by a defender. This wasn't a showboat dive.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get your eyes checked. He was tripped up by a defender. This wasn't a showboat dive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may schedule my eye exam right after Stoops' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"Just diving into the end zone and when he landed, he landed wrong," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said.

Peterson was touched by the defender, but he probably could have maintained his balance. There is no question he could have simply fallen into the end zone for a TD. Perhaps being tripped affected his intended trajectory and resulted in the injury. There appears to be no question to me or Stoops that he dove into the end zone.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Peterson was touched by the defender, but he probably could have maintained his balance. There is no question he could have simply fallen into the end zone for a TD. Perhaps being tripped affected his intended trajectory and resulted in the injury. There appears to be no question to me or Stoops that he dove into the end zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

He broke his collarbone diving you are right but to say that he shoudlnt of dove is not right. If the defender was near him and it looked like the defender might be able to keep him out of the endzone he has to dive. Plus he is running full speed when a defender come near him he doesnt have time to reason that he can probably just fall into the endzone instead of dive. He saw the defender, knew he wasnt in the end zone yet and dove in just like he is probably coached to do.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may schedule my eye exam right after Stoops' [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

"Just diving into the end zone and when he landed, he landed wrong," Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me where Stoops said Peterson was showboating, which was obviously the part of your statement I was debating.