Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 10-08-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Re: is this a new scam?

my landlord does have my email because thats how we sometimes contact her. shes not some old coot who doesn't know how to use the computer. she also has my girlfriends email address but she didn't get anything. (we live together)
i went down to ask her about but she wasn't around. hopefully she will be tomorrow.

the return address seemed legit from comcast, i looked at the email headers. so if it is something suspicious there might be a chance to track it.

later tonight i'm going to look up the names in the white pages to see if they live near me or something
Old 10-08-2006, 07:36 AM

I think its strange that this type of thing is sent via email. This is the type of important information that i would normally expect in a letter, not an email.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:51 AM

Old 10-08-2006, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its strange that this type of thing is sent via email. This is the type of important information that i would normally expect in a letter, not an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a landlord, I prefer to communicate via e-mail (which allows for an easy confirmation reply) with the tenants whom I know have e-mail, rather than to have to post a notice or mail it.
Old 10-08-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a landlord, I prefer to communicate via e-mail (which allows for an easy confirmation reply) with the tenants whom I know have e-mail, rather than to have to post a notice or mail it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont many landlords like to use paper messages and such because they can verify it was sent. (such as an eviction notice and what not) Do emails hold up in court?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont many landlords like to use paper messages and such because they can verify it was sent. (such as an eviction notice and what not) Do emails hold up in court?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume he uses e-mail for things like when a repairman is coming or things like that. My landlord lives an hour away and she e-mails us for stuff like this. I prefer it as a tenant as well.