Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 07:38 AM

Default Re: easy fold or we see sd?

Even an observant player wouldn't risk 3bbets in hopes that I fold my hand once I already raised it on the turn. I'm bluntly telling him I have a hand. Majority of the time when someone raises you 3bbets you're likely behind already either than a bluff. I think the 3bbet bluff only works HU or on a real loose aggressive game or against a donkey.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who was villain

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it wasnt me you bob bk schneids and he really is "never made a mistake type" its kirby and he has 555 or 333....next hand
Old 09-22-2006, 12:47 PM

Fold on the flop. Raising is better than calling, but folding is best. What do you think good player cold called you with here that is folding on the flop. Maybe the other AK, but that's it.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who was villain

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if it wasnt me you bob bk schneids and he really is "never made a mistake type" its kirby and he has 555 or 333....next hand

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure this was played online.

also, i doubt i'm cold-calling this drawless flop. it turns my hand face up.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even an observant player wouldn't risk 3bbets in hopes that I fold my hand once I already raised it on the turn. I'm bluntly telling him I have a hand. Majority of the time when someone raises you 3bbets you're likely behind already either than a bluff. I think the 3bbet bluff only works HU or on a real loose aggressive game or against a donkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored]? A 3bet bluff? We're talking about calling a raise on the turn, raising the flop and/or 3betting preflop. At no point are we in a situation where anyone has suggested to make a "3bet bluff".

And why the hell would a 3bet bluff work well against a donkey or loose players? That's completely [censored] backwards.
That entire post makes no sense.

You're "bluntly" telling him that you have an overpair on the flop, apparently (not really, but everyone seems to think so). And if you've shown a propensity to fold the turn in situations like this, an observant opponent has for sure picked up on the fact that you'll fold like a little girl with 1010 through KK. Which means he can profitably raise with any two cards and auto-fold to a 3bet. It's really not much of a risk if he has a rough idea of what you fold on the turn with, because you fold almost everything.

How he gets to the turn is another story. What does he cold call the flop with? I dont know.
Obviously he doesnt have a problem with calling two bets cold, because he did it preflop too in a situation where almost no hands justify it.

Maybe the OP needs to revise his read.