Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > Stoxpoker.com

Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Bryce is \"In the Well\"

No, that number is just there as an example, it's not based off anything. Also for the winrate question: my winrate is about to become "declassified" soon, so you'll see then, but 0.5BB/100 would be extremely low. Winrates in HU play are typically much higher than 6 max play, partially because you actually play more hands per hundred and also because with the wide hand ranges there are far less trivial decisions to be made.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:09 PM

makes perfect sense, ty
Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, that number is just there as an example, it's not based off anything. Also for the winrate question: my winrate is about to become "declassified" soon , so you'll see then, but 0.5BB/100 would be extremely low. Winrates in HU play are typically much higher than 6 max play, partially because you actually play more hands per hundred and also because with the wide hand ranges there are far less trivial decisions to be made.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you elaborate on what you mean?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:39 PM

what is your accent? haha, i cant pinpoint it

just watched your 200/400 hu vid, first i've ever watched of yours. very very awesome, i think the speed you talk is a definite plus. best vid i've seen.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

just watched your 200/400 hu vid, first i've ever watched of yours. very very awesome, i think the speed you talk is a definite plus. best vid i've seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be a Canadian accent, if there is such a thing.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:50 PM

oh. you must just be really posh then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 11:28 AM

"Simon later had an interview wherein he discussed a few hands where I ran a big bluff into a made hand and turned it into a tirade. "

do you have a link for this?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to guess something obscure like his original language was French and was taught English by someone with an Irish accent.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:57 AM

what do you think an NL player can gain/learn from playing limit (either 6max or HU)? Given that there are things to gain/learn (eg, you will get better at NL from playing limit) would you recommend playing or watching limit videos?

edit: I will likely be -EV playing, because I will have to play someone on ~ the same skillevel ("poker in general" wise). And playing players I will win $ from, having just about no limit experience, will be worthless.

Hope this makes sense. I have almost never played limit, but think it could be fun and would be more willing to play if you think it would help my NL game, in any area basically.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Simon later had an interview wherein he discussed a few hands where I ran a big bluff into a made hand and turned it into a tirade. "

do you have a link for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/wo...-Society_01797

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to guess something obscure like his original language was French and was taught English by someone with an Irish accent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my grandparents on my father's side were French and on my mother's side were Irish. Neither speak with an accent, but that's kind of creepy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
what do you think an NL player can gain/learn from playing limit (either 6max or HU)? Given that there are things to gain/learn (eg, you will get better at NL from playing limit) would you recommend playing or watching limit videos?

edit: I will likely be -EV playing, because I will have to play someone on ~ the same skillevel ("poker in general" wise). And playing players I will win $ from, having just about no limit experience, will be worthless.

Hope this makes sense. I have almost never played limit, but think it could be fun and would be more willing to play if you think it would help my NL game, in any area basically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ultimately poker is just poker, but different forms of poker do stress different skill sets I suppose. Playing something like HU LHE would be great for developing basic instincts about when players attack / turtle etc. since it's a very information saturated environment where there's a ton of information exchange. I'm not sure if this would be more helpful than playing HU NL, though (where less information is exchanged but you're actually playing in a NL context).

Ultimately I do think that, yes, playing limit would help your no-limit game, but if your goal is simply to be better at no-limit I think the most time efficient thing to do would be to just play more no-limit and spend some time and energy thinking about what sorts of tools you're going to use to build / improve your game (so many people spend so much time playing and so little time thinking about how they're going to go about actually improving their play).