16-20 26 16.67%
21-25 8 5.13%
26-30 4 2.56%
31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

It certainly seems insulting for G_Dollaz to say that it took a while to get back on his "A game", but other than that, I really see nothing wrong with voicing his opinions about his experience especially since other than the comment at the end, what he said wasn't necessarily negative and seemed to be a personal preference issue.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM

the Bld group thing won't fly. i tried about three months ago, he's uninterested in coaching groups.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so far its me you and cbboy, im gonna email them in an hour just to find out if we woud be able to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the off-chance that Bld is interested, probably count me in too
Old 11-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Ok, just sent 3bet an email, hopefully aejones is wrong.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
G_Dollaz:

We had two sessions only, and this was maaaany months ago. Not once did you voice any miscontent to me, and neither have you done so afterwards. This is the way you let me know?

FWIW given you are just about the only one who had a "bad" experience, it's way more likely you were the problem than I. Just saying it took quite some time for you to "get back to your A-game" like I somehow destroyed your game, when I in fact just tried to get you out of your very nitty ways is just plain insulting.

No offence (or well some because your post is just plain ad manners), but the fact that you yourself apparently cannot move up from 2/4 despite playing for ages and having lots of money would suggest that is not my style that is flawed, but yours. I have lots of students that have had LOTS of success that can attest to this obviously.

You are just about the only displeased student I've had, and you didn't even have the guts to tell me that to my face but instead chose to write your very first comment here.

Rather classless, if you ask me.

[censored] like this pisses me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean any disrespect by my post. I tried to contact you 3 times after our sessions, twice by IM, and once by PM, none of which were given a response. That being said, I never said you "destroyed my game." I clearly stated that you were very attentive and that you tried to help my game, but like I said before it just didn't work for me for some reason. I do think that if you feel I am/was a nitty player that shows that you missed quite a bit during our sessions, but I did try to contact you afterwards.

Again, I never claimed that your style is flawed nor did I mean to be disrepectful in my post. I don't feel the need to defend myself anymore than saying I'm probably the biggest 2/4 winner on stars since I've switched sites and I'm more than capable of beating the 3/6, I'm simply running 30 buy in's below expectation @ that level and am down 20 buy in's or so.

Also, I have recieved PM's from/talked to two very well respected posters/players since I've made my post that said they've had the same experience w/ you, so it's not just me.

I'll be more than happy to discuss this w/ you in private if you'd prefer. I didn't think much of my post and meant absolutely no disrepect by it, I was only trying to help out a ssnl player who may look @ the coaching as a "sure thing" b/c of the responses when in reality it's not IMO. Again, sry if I offended you, I didn't mean to, if you want to continue this discussion in this thread that's fine too, or if you want to drop the matter completely that's also ok by me.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100% agree with MDMA.

People who cant man up and say [censored] to your face piss me off.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this gets a big lol. How should I go about saying something to his face, should I fly to Europe and have a sit down w/ him? I tried to IM him and PM him. He never responded to that and he never asked for any other feedback....
Old 11-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Alright, first out: I am fairly sure I never received any PM on 2p2, and as for AIM, I think i just removed you (I have loads of people on AIM) after I asked whether you wanted to continue after our first week, you said you were fine and that I should give someone else your spot not saying anything more than that, so I did and simply removed you from AIM a week after or so since we you were done, and I thought no more of that.

Secondly, whether you are one of the biggest winners at 2/4 or not is completely un-interesting to me, is this going to turn out into a pissing contest where you try to prove you are better at poker than I am? Then by all means, go ahead.

Also, you are really fuzzy about "it not working out for some reason", that just sounds sketchy, I'm fairly sure you have an idea of why you feel the way you do, please present your views.

Secondly, I am appalled by two posters PM:ing you about "the same experience" (which you seem to do your best at avoid explaining exactly what that is) with me that you had, that have not spoken to me about it and apparently are too afraid to present their views either to me (which they should) or at least come forward here.

I will say this: If one of these is the infamous True, then haha.

Obviously I never asked for any feedback, I assumed you were happy as it was since you never gave me any reason not to think so except that you only did one week with me.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok so far its me you and cbboy, im gonna email them in an hour just to find out if we woud be able to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the off-chance that Bld is interested, probably count me in too

[/ QUOTE ]

ill be in for this if it happens. hearing the thoughts of the legend himself is too exciting of an opportunity for me to pass up.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 PM

MDMA is probably the only MSNL/HSNL poster who i have NOT gotten coaching from, but I'm sure he's super solid. FWIW.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 PM

Could personal airs not be in this thread? This is what I think:

MDMA is one of only 3 coaches I've recommended when people move on from my coaching. His posts present a very articulate and intelligent view of the game, and he understands situational play and fluidity very well. Don't know what else to say.

Also - I've coached more then 100 people. (yes!) Of those, I know not everyone has liked it. That's cool. (Maybe one or two, afterall I try hard to please! :P All kidding aside, I'd say 10 of 100 or so probably thought I was a "bad" coach because they didn't get much out of it) MDMA has also coached a bunch of people, so it's understandable that not everyone liked it or it "clicked" etc.