Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: 27T: In no man\'s land vs The Venetian

It's important to note that we have a decent-sized history when thinking about this hand. Just to throw that out there.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's important to note that we have a decent-sized history when thinking about this hand. Just to throw that out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

HE SPEAKS!

Also, I srsly doubt TV is being scared of JJ here. Maybe AK by the turn, but likely he's either 4betting AI, or betting the flop or turn w/ JJ. And even if you bet here, i think he's calling. confirm/deny venetian?
Old 11-07-2007, 06:41 PM

couple things to note:

a) i dont think venetian opens too wide here, even though blinds are tight. yes he is certainly capable of widening his range but i dont think its so much that you want to be 3 betting and checking the flop that often especially when,

b) your reraise size is pretty small so his calling range of the 3 bet is that much wider, which is what makes this a more delicate spot.

that said, if hes gonna bluff when you check again a fair amount than id rather just turn 66 into a bluff and bet turn, because that combined with the amount of potentially bad rivers that wont get you a free showdown on the final street/give him the best hand make it reasonable (and when you fold out TT/99).
Old 11-07-2007, 06:56 PM

With what I had here, I snap-fold to the reraise preflop against an unknown. I also think I'm going to read into that flop check a lot more deeply than your typical donk. I had a hand against NutPopper (also a $27 regular with long mutual history) within a few minutes of this which was pretty similar which I'll try to post when I get a second.

I've got to do a family dinner thing and get the kids to bed, but I'll check back later.

Cool hand to post and think about though.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With what I had here, I snap-fold to the reraise preflop against an unknown. I also think I'm going to read into that flop check a lot more deeply than your typical donk. I had a hand against NutPopper (also a $27 regular with long mutual history) within a few minutes of this which was pretty similar which I'll try to post when I get a second.

I've got to do a family dinner thing and get the kids to bed, but I'll check back later.

Cool hand to post and think about though.

[/ QUOTE ]

please stop pushing so light during bubble time into me (when we both had like 6-7 bbs left) I've got you so many times w/ any Ace or King high against your 5 high(eg. A5 vs 45). and You've been outflopping me like crazy. I don't know how many time do I have to catch you for you to stop doing that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really don't like 3 betting pre if you're going to check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to Venetian, but I don't think he was going to get away from JJ if I c/b the flop on this board, which is why I didn't. As soon as he called, I thought he had JJ or AK.

I can still pick up the pot PF & fold out any the rest of his raising range outside of JJ+,AK though.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you trying to say? Is this directed at me?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I think he is trying to say something like "You know I open pretty wide, thus you 3bet pretty wide, thus I snap your 3bet with a lot of hands I fold against randoms".
That said, I'm not so sure about playing this turn because I never played Venetian(unluckily, it's fun to play good lags sometimes) and don't know which better hand he might fold if we bet the turn.
Seems to depend on how trappy gator's history is.

He might fold AK, AQ, 77-99, but 99 and TT seem very very close.
How often would he bet the turn if we check to him?
Like, would he take a stab with overcards?
What would you consider his range here?
Obviously this is a very interesting one.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was mostly because the responses were heading toward "call and flop a set" and I was pretty sure you wouldn't have posted this if you weren't interested in going beyond level one. I wasn't sure if other people were aware that we had actually played together several times in the past.