Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 11-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: HUDGE KARMA COMING MY WAY (aka the cops are lazy pieces of [censor

i have been to montreal and the french people are hudge a-holes imo
Old 11-03-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol actually I asked him if he has a gf, he says no. I ask him why he says "cause im retarded".

[/ QUOTE ]

this is hilarous
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Yeah, I'm sure you'll get loads of good karma for mocking a retard behind his back.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:28 PM

this story went in such a crappy direction, i expected him to be faking, lead you into a back alley, then his accomplice comes and mugs both of you. please change your story to that
Old 11-03-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ahnuld,

Random question, but do you speak French? Are you a French-Canadian or did you move to Montreal from another part of Canada? Or is there still a large resident non-French-Canadian population in Montreal? How easy is it to get by w/o knowing French in Quebec?

Genuinely intrigued,
goofyballer

[/ QUOTE ]
I was wondering this too. Everyone I've ever met from Quebec never has any sort of accent, but maybe only a certain segment even speak French? Or they're so fluent in both you can't tell. I'unno.

Equally intrigued,
Claunchy
Old 11-03-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In psychology, denial is a concept originating with the psychodynamic theories of Sigmund Freud. According to Freud, three mental dynamics, or motivating forces, influence human behavior: the id, ego, and superego. The id consists of basic survival instincts and what Freud believed to be the two dominant human drives: sex and aggression. If the id were the only influence on behavior, humans would exclusively seek to increase pleasure, decrease pain, and achieve immediate gratification of desires. The ego consists of logical and rational thinking. It enables humans to analyze the realistic risks and benefits of a situation, to tolerate some pain for future profit, and to consider alternatives to the impulse-driven behavior of the id. The superego consists of moralistic standards and forms the basis of the conscience. Although the superego is essential to a sense of right and wrong, it can also include extreme, unrealistic ideas about what one should and should not do.

These three forces all have different goals (id, pleasure; ego, reality; superego, morality) and continually strive for dominance, resulting in internal conflict. This conflict produces anxiety. The ego, which functions as a mediator between the two extremes of the id and the superego, attempts to reduce this anxiety by using defense mechanisms. Defense mechanisms are indirect ways of dealing or coping with anxiety, such as explaining problems away or blaming others for problems. Denial is one of many defense mechanisms. It entails ignoring or refusing to believe an unpleasant reality. Defense mechanisms protect one's psychological wellbeing in traumatic situations, or in any situation that produces anxiety or conflict. However, they do not resolve the anxiety-producing situation and, if overused, can lead to psychological disorders. Although Freud's model of the id, ego, and superego is not emphasized by most psychologists today, defense mechanisms are still regarded as potentially maladaptive behavioral patterns that may lead to psychological disorders.

Examples of denial
Death is a common occasion for denial. When someone learns of the sudden, unexpected death of a loved one, at first he or she may not be able to accept the reality of this loss. The initial denial protects that person from the emotional shock and intense grief that often accompanies news of death. Chronic or terminal illnesses also encourage denial. People with such illnesses may think, "It's not so bad; I'll get over it," and refuse to make any lifestyle changes.

Denial can also apply to internal thoughts and feelings. For instance, some children are taught that anger is wrong in any situation. As adults, if these individuals experience feelings of anger, they are likely to deny their feelings to others. Cultural standards and expectations can encourage denial of subjective experience. Men who belong to cultures with extreme notions of masculinity may view fear as a sign of weakness and deny internal feelings of fear. The Chinese culture is thought to discourage the acknowledgment of mental illness, resulting in individuals denying their psychological symptoms and often developing physical symptoms instead.

Certain personality disorders tend to be characterized by denial more than others. For example, those with narcissistic personality disorder deny information that suggests they are not perfect. Antisocial behavior is characterized by denial of the harm done to others (such as with sexual offenders or substance abusers).

Denial can also be exhibited on a large scale— among groups, cultures, or even nations. Lucy Bregman gives an example of national denial of imminent mortality in the 1950s: school children participated in drills in which they hid under desks in preparation for atomic attacks. Another example of large-scale denial is the recent assertion by some that the World War II Holocaust never occurred.

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] you

You come off as a person even a pedophile would look down upon. Stick your teepee up your ass, your dad is filming. Quick though, Walmart won't let you borrow the camcorder forever.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:38 AM

well montreal is a pretty diverse city in the sense that maybe 60% are first language french and the rest are primarily english. I myself come from areally english heritage and noone in my family tree is native french, yet I am fourth generation montrealer.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol actually I asked him if he has a gf, he says no. I ask him why he says "cause im retarded".

[/ QUOTE ]

almost made it worth opening this thread...almost.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol really funny story, did you push it at all or only your friend

[/ QUOTE ]

half way through I offered to take over but my friend said it was cool.

And italianFX: Yes, I do expect them tp pick him up. He clearly isnt capable of taking care of himself and from what I told them they knew that too. So just like when you hear reports of a senile old man missing, and please call the police if you see him, I expect the cops to take over the situation from there and not to trust a private citizen to handle it. I guess that falls under the serve part of to protect and serve.

Maybe you could comment though since you're a police officer too.

[/ QUOTE ]

police officers are not constitutionally obligated to protect, or even serve citizens.

edit: in the United States. Don't know about Canada. Wait,does Canada have a constitution? I thought they only had a CONTRACT WITH THE DEVIL HYAACHACHACHA