Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 02:40 AM

Default So I Called 911 Tonight...

Before my story, the purpose of this post is to ask you about your 911 experiences, if you have had any. Anyway:

I called 911 tonight.

The wife, little man (2 yrs old) and I had just finished furniture shopping at a local store. We were pulling out of the parking lot, onto a side street (25 mph) that led to the main thoroughfare (35 mph). We were turning left.

Before my wife could pull out of the lot (Yeah, she was driving... I know, I'm a man, and as the man I should be in charge of heavy equipment, but I've yet to renew my license and therefore don't drive if she's with me), we noticed what seemed to be a forty-something chick "manually" backing her car out of an auto mechanic's lot across the street. When I mean "manually" backing it out, I mean that she had the door open and was walking it backwards, outside of the car (it was a VW Jetta fwiw).

The auto mechanic's lot sloped towards the street, so we quickly realized that she wasn't "backing it out", but trying to stop the freaking thing from rolling into the street! Well, the Jetta won, and she fell over backwards. The car continued its descent, and the driver's side door literally rolled over her face as she was lying in the road. I swear to Christ I saw teeth fly into the air, as if the door either smacked her below the chin or upper jaw as it rolled over her. It's at this point I immediately hit up the ol' 911. I mean, what good can come of this situation? This chick is gonna need some medical attention.

Some dude in a car in front of her stopped, as did a guy behind her. My wife put our truck in park and ran to the car to put on the emergency brake (wtf? I believe the chick who just got her face ripped off by a car door is more important, but whatev).

As I get out of the truck, I notice that this chick is actually sitting up in the street, covering her face. I didn't think she would be in the condition to sit up, but she then proceeded to stand up and turn around. She was miraculously unscathed (I don't know what it was I saw that I perceived as teeth, but I swear I initially saw teeth flying about). At this point I hung up on 911, since I hadn't heard it ring yet, hoping my cell phone hadn't gotten through yet.

My wife had successfully stopped the Jetta, and we went to check the chick out. She was stupid white trash, but aside from that, she was fine.

My phone rang. It was 911 calling back with a gigantic "wtf?". I explained to the 911 chick what happened and why I had called, but that everything seemed to be fine. She angrily asked me where I was like four times. I told her where we were, but that everything appeared to be fine and that I was very sorry for wasting her time.

As I was giving the 911 chick my name, and reassuring her that everything was ok, some other stupid white trash chick barreled through the scene at about 40 mph just as one of the guys who stopped was pushing the Jetta out of the way. The chick slammed on her brakes, and as they were screeching I said "Oh [censored], here we go". The chick managed to stop in time, but slammed into the curb and blew her right-front tire.

Hearing all of this, the 911 chick went crazy. She insisted to know what was going on, and it was all I could do to convince her that two disasters had somehow been averted, and that everything was still fine. I finally got to hang up.

The chick who blew her tire was all pissed that people were doing things in the road that she was unaccustomed to and bitching the whole time. She really sucked. The Jetta chick was cool, although stupid, and thankful that people were there to help her.

Apparently, her car had died, and she was trying to push it up into the auto-mechanic's parking lot when she lost control.

I also called 911 about two years ago.

It was about three in the morning. Bar time.

I was out on my back deck having a smoke, when I heard someone accelerate like mad from an intersection about a half-mile away from me. The road is 45 mph, but has two sharp turns in it that are close to my house where a yellow "35 mph" sign is posted.

Whoever this was, it sounded like they were still accelerating once they hit the turns. I heard the screeching of tires, a smash, and then what sounded like rolling and trees breaking apart. It was time to call 911.

I explained to the 911 chick what I had heard and where I had heard it, gave my contact information and that was it. About half an hour later, the doorbell rang as I was eating Papa Murphy's Chicago-Style pizza. It was the cops yo.

The Sheriff's deputy asked if I had called 911 and I said yes, yes I had. He said they hadn't found anything, and asked if I was sure I was placing the location correctly. Although I was buzzed up, I was sure everything was accurate. I told them same (except for the buzzed up part), they thanked me and were on their way. My wife still says I was hallucinating, although she was asleep at the time of the incident.

Checking local police reports for the next few weeks, I found nothing related to what I had heard, but again, I swear to Christ it happened. Somehow, the car must have been drivable, and the dude motored on.

I also called 911 when I was twelve or thirteen years old.

I learned that there was a number one could dial that played a tone-dial melody repeatedly. I don't remember what the number was, but I tried to mimic it on the phone in my bedroom. Apparently, the first few tones required 9-1-1, and I had inadvertently dialed it repeatedly for like five minutes.

The cops came and I totally denied any wrong-doing.

So, I have called 911 three times in my life, two of them seriously. Unfortunately, all of them have been false alarms. I feel bad about this, because growing up you're taught that 911 is for emergencies only, and that you can get in a lot of trouble for wasting the 911 chicks' time.

Am I abusing the 911 system?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 AM

Default Re: So I Called 911 Tonight...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tl;dr
Old 09-12-2007, 03:39 AM

I'm usually among the tl;dr club, but for some reason I read all of this. Not sure how I feel about that...
Old 09-12-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you were 12, yes. Since then, no.

You would not believe some of the dumbass calls to 9-1-1
Old 09-12-2007, 05:24 AM

the only time i ever called 911 was new years eve a few yrs ago, maybe 2000?, when this chick and i were having a very nice walk around boston. about 100 ft in front of us we see four kids run out of a house carrying a body. they get to the side walk, drop the body, and run back inside. it was very WTF?! anyway we walk up to the body, its a kid, maybe 18yrs old, blacked out drunk, and only wearing a pair of boxers. i call 911 right away (boston, new years, freezing temperatures). as i am standing out there on the phone one of the kids comes running out of the house screaming at me... he asks me what im doing, i tell him, and he says to me...

"man you cant call the cops, im the only 21 year old here and they will arrested me for buying the alcohol"

just wow...

anyway ambulance came shortly and picked this kid up and took him to the hospital.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 AM

Only time I called 911 was when my upstairs neighbor and her boyfriend got into an argument. (not for the first time)
I hear loud bumping/crashing and then "let me go" and "don't kill me"
cops get there in about 5 minutes, and he's barred the door. They eventually force it open and take him away. Apparently he had a knife and was high as a kite.
Never heard him again (surprise). She moved out soon after.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:53 AM

The only time i have ever been close to calling 911 was when i lived in paris and was up playing poker really late at night when i heard a couple arguing on the street.
Soon enough the male became very aggressive and started shouting and eventually pushing her very hard. As that happen i immediately opened my window and shouted that he better not do that again. He looked up at me and shouted back in french "call the police, i don't give a [censored]"
I had the phone in my hand and said ok, i am calling and you better not touch her again. As i was dialing i saw him running away while his girlfriend stood completly still.
I asked her if she was alright and she looked up at me and then silently walked away.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 AM

Having a quickie with my gf & the phone dialed in my pocket. it went something like:

999: Hello, Hello!!
Me: *grunt grunt ugh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh*
999: HELLO HELLO, CAN YOU GET TO THE PHONE?!
Me: *grunt grunt ugh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh*

Then I figured out where the noise was coming from, took the phone out of my pocket & talked to the woman on the other end.. had to slow down the stride a bit but ultimately it got me off [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sort of almost a threesome...
Old 09-12-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife put our truck in park and ran to the car to put on the emergency brake (wtf? I believe the chick who just got her face ripped off by a car door is more important, but whatev).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why this is a "wtf" move. Your wife wanted to prevent further trouble that could have been caused by the car rolling into traffic.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:12 AM

I think I've only called 911 once.

My wife and I were driving down the highway in the second to left lane (highway is maybe 6 lanes?). Conveniently, something like an ottoman or large sofa cushion had been deposited in our lane. I saw it in plenty of time to move over to the left-most lane.

As we passed it, I said something like, "I hope other people spot that early," while looking in my rearview mirror.

Right on cue, someone behind me was taken by surprise by the piece of furniture and swerved to avoid it. The driver did manage to dodge the object, but in attempting to get back on course, he lost control of the car. Suddenly, the car made a sharp 90 degree turn to the left and slammed into the cement partition that divides the highway. The hood of the car folded and the rear of the car jumped into the air.

We were too far ahead of the car already to safely stop on the highway and help out. I called 911 and the call was relatively uneventful.