Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Default 2-3NL live: c-bet with queens?

Table is 2-3 blinds $300 max buyin game, a full 10 handed table. There are very few preflop raises and I'd say every other hand goes 6-to-the-flop unraised. I've been seated for about an hour with $380 in front of me when the following happens:

I get QQ UTG and raise to $15, and get 3 callers.

From MP I get and old nit who's running like fire. I think he's shown 3 full houses in the last 30 minutes and is running over the table. He is, however, truly a nit. I've only seen him check and fold, other than the monster hands he's won. He covers the table.

From the highjack, a woman who just sat down 10 minutes ago. I don't know anything about her, but I haven't seen anything unusual. Has about $250.

From the cutoff, the obligatory crazy Asian. He doesn't play many hands at all, but when he does he makes them big pots, re-raises and massive overbets are typical. He sat down with $100, doubled up with TPTK, then lost it by opening all-in preflop from EP with QQ and ran into AA in the BB. He went and borrowed $200 from his brother at the other table to rebuy just before this hand.

The pot is $60, and the flop comes K94 rainbow.

Do you c-bet? How much?

Edited to add: If anyone is palying attention, which it doesn't appear to me they are, I'm probably the table nit. I took down one pot preflop by raising to $20 on the button, showed down quad aces to win a small pot, and haven't really played any other hands since I've been at the table.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: 2-3NL live: c-bet with queens?

i bet $40. this should fold out nitty old guy and hijack lady. if either of them calls, we shutdown without improvement.

also, betting $40, if both of them decide to fold, it gives wiggle room to asian guy to make a mistake (aka, perfect sizing to make a big bluff where he thinks there is FE). im not folding to his raise/push given the image u provided usually, because his range is much larger than just a K. (lotta gutties, 9s, and airballs)
Old 09-04-2007, 04:32 PM

Since its not getting responses I'm going to assume a c-bet is standard. So let me rephrase to try and get at the meat of what I'm interested in.

How many callers until you don't c-bet with an over card on the board?

Is there a mathematical way to figure out when its >50% likely one of the callers has said overcard?
Old 09-04-2007, 05:42 PM

This is def a CB for me, mostly because of your table image and your reads on the opponents. Normally, I'd say more than two opponents are bad for a CB, especially when your position sucks as bad as it does here. I think this hand would be much easier to play IP, but thats true for pretty much every hand...
BTW: don't know how crazy your asian is, but maybe this could be one of the rare moments for a c/r. If you check (and hopefully the other two players too) and the crazy asian tries to take the pot down you could isolate him with a nice c/r. Just an idea, would like to hear what others think of it. Yet, I would normally just CB here...
Old 09-04-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, betting $40, if both of them decide to fold, it gives wiggle room to asian guy to make a mistake (aka, perfect sizing to make a big bluff where he thinks there is FE). im not folding to his raise/push given the image u provided usually, because his range is much larger than just a K. (lotta gutties, 9s, and airballs)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you check (and hopefully the other two players too) and the crazy asian tries to take the pot down you could isolate him with a nice c/r. Just an idea, would like to hear what others think of it. Yet, I would normally just CB here...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, Cutoff is crazy, but do we really want to commit here?
Or is there any way to get out after a check-raise?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, Cutoff is crazy, but do we really want to commit here?
Or is there any way to get out after a check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) completely read - dependant: when you think villain aka crazy asian is really that crazy and could be bluffing here, than I think we should go with our read.
2) Depends on villains bet size, but if he bets anything serious, like 40 $, than I guess you're right...
Old 09-04-2007, 06:05 PM

I don't continuation bet into 3 callers being out of position.

Yes, there is a mathematical way, but you need to have a better idea of their hand ranges.

Also, obviously the king as an overcard is not as dangerous as an ace.