Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM

Default [NL50] AKo, facing raise on the turn

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($51.35)
BB ($54.50)
UTG ($55.05)
MP ($49.25)
Button ($81.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP calls $3.

Turn: ($10.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $18</font>, Hero calls ?

fold, call and check/call the river or just reraise the turn?

no special reads about vilian: 33/12/0,7 about 24 hands
Old 08-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Default Re: [NL50] AKo, facing raise on the turn

I guess his line suggest he has a set/A6/AT.I mean,this is a stupid 33/12/0,7 .He called that flop with a flush draw on it and then raised the turn.I guess he got scaried by the second flush draw on the turn.
Given that,i guess u should fold.You don't beat anything except a bluff,and your opponent also has AF 0.7.
Fold imo.

Rocco
Old 08-20-2007, 05:58 PM

24 hands isn't enough to make any judgements on Villains stats.

Unless he's one to limp big hands like A-T, T-T preflop, then his limp-call suggests a small pocket pair...you raised a standard 4 times and he figured hes got the right implied odds to stack you if he hits, and also position.

The way I read the flop is this - you donkbet him and he figures its worth a call if he has a PP, just in case you're trying to steal the pot. If he is one to limp call big hands like A-T or T-T, then you're in trouble.

The turn raise - the 6 spade isn't a scare card for you - so your bet out was ok imo. His re-raise does suggest a set or two pair (I doubt it would be A-6) so it looks like you're now behind. If you don't fold now, you're probably looking at an all in on the river.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 PM

First, calling with the intention of check/calling the river is the worst line. It's time for a commitment decision now, not later. If he's on a draw and hits, he'll be able to make a bet which you're pretty much obligated to call because of the pot size and the fact that you don't know which draw hit; while if he misses his draw, he can take a free showdown and save some money. A call builds a $57 pot with MP having ~$26 behind - you can't (and shouldn't) get away from a river bet.

So that leaves folding or shoving. Both are perfectly legitimate options here - depending on the villain, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Against a total unknown, I'd lean toward folding given the action so far - you raised preflop and an Ace hit, so you have to assume that he knows you probably have TP and he doesn't seem to care.