Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Stars $3r: OESD+FD/Need a line (65bb deep)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with just calling the raise and seeing what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's WAY too passive in a tourney for me. If you can take it down w/o hitting the draw, that's a huge plus.

What do people think of raising, but not all in. Obviously, if we put the 3rd bet in here, and he jams, we are committed, but jamming looks kinda like a combo draw that is trying to take it down right here, but has plenty of outs. What if we RR to say 17000. Obviously, if he plays, it will get allin, but doesn't that raise look stronger than an allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you playing a set here? are you also making that tiny raise on a drawy board? i shove here, and a set should be played the same
Old 08-12-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you call, a card hits turn which didn't help you and you have to fold to a big bet, cause you don't get the odds you need.

i'd push this one too.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's WAY too passive in a tourney for me. If you can take it down w/o hitting the draw, that's a huge plus.

What do people think of raising, but not all in. Obviously, if we put the 3rd bet in here, and he jams, we are committed, but jamming looks kinda like a combo draw that is trying to take it down right here, but has plenty of outs. What if we RR to say 17000. Obviously, if he plays, it will get allin, but doesn't that raise look stronger than an allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

how are you playing a set here? are you also making that tiny raise on a drawy board? i shove here, and a set should be played the same

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shove a set here too (not 100% sure though), but it doesn't matter how we play a set as much as it matters how he thinks we will play a set.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably shove a set here too (not 100% sure though), but it doesn't matter how we play a set as much as it matters how he thinks we will play a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

effective stacks are like 4x his raise or so, shove is very standard...still has a bit of FE
Old 08-12-2007, 03:34 PM

I guess I am assuming he has an overpair and will call a shove, so if you just call the raise then you can see the turn and make another decision.
Old 08-12-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I am assuming he has an overpair and will call a shove, so if you just call the raise then you can see the turn and make another decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Board: 5h Th 8d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.939% 53.94% 00.00% 3204 0.00 { 7h6h }
Hand 1: 46.061% 46.06% 00.00% 2736 0.00 { AA }

what am i missing here?
Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

effective stacks are like 4x his raise or so, shove is very standard...still has a bit of FE

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it's a fairly standard shove and I normally make it. My smallish raise idea is one that just popped into my head and wanted to see what other think.

After thinking about it for awhile, I agree with shoving because any hand that folds to the small raise, also folds to the shove and vice versa.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Board: 5h Th 8d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 53.939% 53.94% 00.00% 3204 0.00 { 7h6h }
Hand 1: 46.061% 46.06% 00.00% 2736 0.00 { AA }

what am i missing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

In a sense, you're deciding to take a coinflip when you don't have to. I am not saying it is a bad play, only that you could see the hand through or play the hand differently without taking the coinflip. Again, I am assuming he is not going to fold to a shove, but maybe I am wrong.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this hand really isn't that complicated... all in is the only play here

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, maybe make it 18k, to seem like a huge hand. But same difference it looks like all the money is heading in.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 PM

results in white

<font color="white">I shoved over the raise, got looked by KK, turned a pair but bricked river.</font>