Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: How often to c-bet

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing: the fewer hands you play, the more you have to cbet.

If you're tight, you really have a hand more often, since a large part of your range is going to be pocket pairs and if you hit you have a decent kicker...

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is though that any player who thinks even a little bit knows that you have mostly missed the flop. You do not get dealt enough pairs for your bets on raggy flops to be anything but continuation bets.

Which is why I bet a bit more than half the pot. I'm basically saying, yeah, some of the time I've missed, but you're going to pay to find out.

[ QUOTE ]
While when you are involved in a lot of pots you'll be playing hands that your opponents are not very scared of on most flops, like SC's, suited aces, small pairs, total trash. This is because these hands almost never improve to a big hand on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they don't know which ones to be scared of and which ones not, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Say you raise PF. The flop comes 874. If you are tight, and you bet, most of the time you have nothing. If you are playing a lot of hands, you just might have 65 or 87. See, most players realise that a tight player doesn't have it all that often, but can't quite grasp that the loose guy doesn't either.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: How often to c-bet

Sorry... I've inserted a word here. I'm talking about frequencies, not sizes.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One more thing: the fewer hands you play, the more often you have to cbet.

If you're tight, you really have a hand more often, since a large part of your range is going to be pocket pairs and if you hit you have a decent kicker...

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is though that any player who thinks even a little bit knows that you have mostly missed the flop. You do not get dealt enough pairs for your bets on raggy flops to be anything but continuation bets.

Which is why I bet a bit more than half the pot. I'm basically saying, yeah, some of the time I've missed, but you're going to pay to find out.

[ QUOTE ]
While when you are involved in a lot of pots you'll be playing hands that your opponents are not very scared of on most flops, like SC's, suited aces, small pairs, total trash. This is because these hands almost never improve to a big hand on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

But they don't know which ones to be scared of and which ones not, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Say you raise PF. The flop comes 874. If you are tight, and you bet, most of the time you have nothing. If you are playing a lot of hands, you just might have 65 or 87. See, most players realise that a tight player doesn't have it all that often, but can't quite grasp that the loose guy doesn't either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Agree on the last, there are more flops you can cbet on...

If you are a complete and utter nit though, you only play AA-QQ and AK, you are way ahead of their range even if they hit the flop. Your cbet should always be taken very seriously on any flop.

About the size thing. If your opponents autofloat 1/2 pot cbets. Start valuebetting 1/2 pot on the flop.