Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Re: an expert and i disagreed on this one...

"...use aggression to force them into errors and control the hand postflop..." means:

betting on flops that are likely to have missed their range and be afraid of my hand. so they toss 6 outers, backdoor draws, and yes sometimes even small pairs (particularly small pocket pairs) although that sometimes takes a second barrel turn bet, although im in no way committed to betting the turn when i miss, let alone the flop. so i take free cards when drawing just so so a lot too. they check to me because they remember im a betting station but i check enough that that strategy gives them the worst of it. they call enough when i have them beat, but every once in awhile they catch a bluff and feel good. the whole game becomes about fish playing oop against me in position and them letting me take the lead whenever i want it, and them playing in a predictable scared manner.

im not trying to make it sound like it's perfect and simple, but that's the general idea of what i meant.

KT + position + their passiveness and predictability is a nice favorite against hands like K8, T8, 53s, A2o, 33, 76o, whatever random nonsense many live players play hour after hour, day in day out. i isolate with things like J9s, Axs, JTo, A8o, whatever. if the blinds are more likely to come along, or im in the cutoff or hj instead of button im more likely to just call (or fold some of the crappier offsuit hands).
Old 06-25-2007, 12:13 PM

I like the check... the guy checks behind with something like 7-7 and we lose a 1 bet-crying-call...

However- if the guy is calling for an ace... he's definately betting it when he spikes and calling a C/R... maybe even 3-betting with AK because he KNOWS there is no way your buddy checks a Queen on the river.

I like the check. Plus, how many people at that table will FOREVER remember the guy who checks the nuts on the river. I believe that giving up a bet now may save him several VB's down the road because people realize how tricky your buddy is.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:26 PM

Really interesting and well thought out post. thanks for taking the time.

-Eric