Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 09:14 PM

Default Re: River tubing.

I've done it so many times on the Salt River in Phoenix that I know where all the rapids are by heart and when to "lift up!!"

Great summer activity.

T
Old 06-19-2007, 11:36 PM

This is awesome in the Ozark rivers southwest of St Louis. I usually go on 3-5 float trips during the summer months. The nazi police have really cracked down so you need to be very careful. You also need to know what itchweed, poison ivy, poison oak, etc. looks like.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2007, 03:29 PM

Me and a group of 14 friends or so go tubing yearly on the Niobrara up in northern NE. First day is 8 hours, second day is 5 - 6. Bus picks us up at the main office at our campsite and takes us to the drop. We end our trip at our campground.

It's nowhere near as crowded as that pic above (thank god), but there are quite a few tubers and canoes on the rivers. Most of the canoers are rookies who thought canoes sounded like a better idea than tubes, and are completely clueless about how to operate said canoe, which results in quite a bit of hillarity during the trip.

The coolest part of the trip is Smith Falls, where you get off on a beach and follow a trail to the waterfall and can stand under it.

Most groups have their own chants/songs they'll sing as they pass you or are passed. Alot of people have those water shotgun things they'll fire at each other too.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:59 AM

California is working on a ban of alcohol while on the lower American River near Sacramento (over the three summer holidays). Drunken tubing very popular here too.

The county banned booze on the banks last summer, but state controls the river, so as long as you didn't come ashore you could drink all you wanted. lol legislatureaments.

The scene on the American is being described as "floating drunkfest" and "floating Mardi Gras".

Old 06-21-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a summer tradition in Texas. Everyone goes to New Braunfuels for the Guadalupe and Comal river. Rent a tube for everyone, and rent an extra tube for the cooler. Always a fun trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one of the most horribly depressing photos I have ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lotta people muddling around in each other's pee right there.