Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

Cry Me a River:

I assume these things would all normalize over the course of several years.

Without a doubt in the playoffs the home team has a greater advantage in the NBA than in the NHL. This is probably because of the severely decreased variance of the NBA.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:57 PM

....which is why the advantage is to sports with inherent home-field advantage and not "crowd atmosphere like omg." Getting last change isn't suuuuuper powerful, but it's still more than the other sports.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Giguere was robbed, I mean absolutely [censored] robbed of the Conn Smythe. I love Rob Niedemeyer , but he had an absolutely medocre playoffs, and at times he was downright awful, to the point that many were questioning if he was hiding an injury during the Detroit series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giguere was not robbed of the Conn Smythe, Scott Niedemeyer dominated the playoffs, at times he was all over the rink, without him the Ducks would not have even made it to the finals. Not sure whats up with the Rob Niedemeyer hate.

[ QUOTE ]
There's not one player on the Sens that I would straight up trade for Ryan Getzlaf.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on what? one playoff series?? good think you are not a NHL GM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant Scott Not Rob . Sorry for the error. Scott had a very mediocre playoffs by his standards and at times was really bad in his own end. he won the award on reputation. It happens. I think he was probably the forth or fifth best player for the ducks. I would put J.S., Pronger, Getzlaf, and maybe Mcdonald ahead of him. Giguere played great throughout whole playoffs, and without him the ducks dont get past the wings.

As far as Getzlaf, I'm basing it on everything it takes to win a hockey game, especially a playoff game. The most dominant skater in this years playoffs was Joe Thornton. Getzlaf, as his offensive game develops more, has the ability to be that dominant. The kid is already very good and has a huge upside.

When I apply for that next vacant NHL G.M. job, I'm guessing I won't be able to use you as a reference.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:50 PM

I see Getzlaf as a very good power forward, but I don't see his career coming that close to Joe Thornton, who's won a Hart Trophy. It is scary that he just turned 22, though.

I see Getzlaf developing into a 30-40 goal scorer, one of the better power forwards in the league to be sure - but Thornton, I don't see it.