Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 09:44 AM

Default NL25 KQs 3bet flop, TPTK

Played this hand today and Iīm really not happy with this hand:

UTG: Is a tight player who bets good hands strong and I havenīt see him slowplaying
Button: No reads

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($118.80)
Button ($22.75)
SB ($32.60)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($25)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($22.35)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1.25, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.75</font>, MP folds, Button calls $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($8.60) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.25</font>, Button calls $1.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG calls $2.75, Button folds.

Turn: ($17.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls $7.

River: ($31.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8.6</font>, UTG calls $8.60 (All-In).

Final Pot: $49.05

After the raise preflop I thought my hand is good enough to call it and play HU against the button.
But the limper in first position raised it and I thought about his limp / raise and put him on JJ+.
I decided to call and to look at the flop.
I hit the K but just checked because I was first to act.
But then both showed weakness with this small bet and call, so I raised to see where I am.
UTG called and the button foldet, so I put him on JJ-QQ (donīt know wheather you agreed with me or not).
So I decided to push him all-in.

Do you agree with this line?
Would you play this hand like this or would you play it different, maybee just fold to the 3bet preflop?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: NL25 KQs 3bet flop, TPTK

Preflop:
This is a AA line i think.
Limp preflop and then a minraise. Either AA or KK, but since you got a K, i'll put him on AA.

Postflop: He bets out and then calls down. He might have QQ. I wouldn't put him on JJ. Looks like QQ because he's passive.

I would not have reraised on the Flop, because of his preflop line. And maybe check the turn for pot control, since it's very unlikely that he is on a draw.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:34 AM

You just have to watch out for semi-conservative players holding AK. He led flop weak, but then CC'ed down to the river. Maybe worried about a set,,, but willing to go broke w/TPTK.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:00 AM

If your read is this is a tight player how do you think he gets to the river with QQ? the limp reraise is always AA KK or AK IMO none of which you beat I would prob just dump this when UTG RR's pre though the min RR makes me think hes more donk than TAG but he just might be a weak tight player. KQ OOP is gross in this spot

c/r flop is gross you fold out hands you beat and only get called by better c/c or lead flop.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:13 AM

first of all at these limits I see a lot of villains limping AA then getting super aggro with it, so watch out for that.

Pre-flop: given the button raise and your call, followed by the UTG re-raise, I would put him on a huge hand. AA-JJ, AK, AQs. I think there is less of a chance of him re-raising the AA so I would most likely put him on AK, AQs, QQ, JJ.

Post-flop: you re-raise his bet, and he is calling. Assuming this is a tight player I'm pretty much thinking AA or AK at this point.

I don't mind your flop bet given his bet might be seen as weakness (but keep in mind he could easily be slow playing AA here and believe its good).

Once he calls that flop bet I'm shutting down. Leading out on the turn and river was a big mistake. I would c/f on the turn. I don't see you having much fold equity here and his line is almost a sure sign you are beat.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:35 AM

I think theres more chance of him reraising with AA, not less. Generally, if a player limp reraises like this, he nearly always has AA/KK/AK. I rarely see it done with even queens, but it is possible.

KQ is a horrible hand to have against a limp reriase like this. Getting all your money in with just a pair against a limp reraiser isnt a good idea...

BTW you dont have TPTK.