Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Don\'t Forget: Dr. Paul on The Tonight Show Tonight

[ QUOTE ]
Someone post the youtube link if they find it (when it comes up) I wasn't able to watch, despite Borodog alerting me.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case it doesn't come up on Youtube it will be here sometime.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:47 AM

Ron Paul on Leno
Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 AM

Set the Tonight Show to record for this and just watched it. Again, I thought Ron Paul came off great. He does much better in an interview format where he's given proper time to explain his ideas than in the debate format where he's cut off after 40 seconds.

I think the difference between him and someone like Obama is that Obama's goal is to get through the time alotted saying as little as possible while Paul's actually got a really strong message that he wants to spend as much time as he can explaining to America.

I still can't see him actually winning, but it is amazing how quickly he's gaining support. It's not that long ago that his big exposure was a late night weekend show on HBO and now here he is on national television, doing major talk shows. I think he could definitely win some states and pick us some delegates and he's getting the message of limited government out a lot better than I would have ever thought he could a year ago.

Honestly, if he's really given enough coverage by the mainstream media, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to win. I think if the average Republican spent 30 minutes looking over Paul's platform and his record and 30 minutes doing the same to Giuiliani or even listened to an hour-long debate between the two, probably 60% or so would say they agreed with Paul more.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:03 AM

I don't know, I'm somewhat pessimistic about the average Republican. The average Republican seems to be in a decidedly fascistic mood (or at least imperialistic).

The reason they love Giuliani and hate Ron Paul is not because they don't know Rudy (the real one) or Ron Paul, but precisely because they do know them. I don't think any additional exposure to Ron Paul is going to help with those types.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 AM

I do agree that Ron Paul came off about as well as he could. He clearly explained his positions, and he did a great job sounding calm and reasoned. I wish he could be more like that during debates, though it's understandable why he isn't.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 AM

The average Republican hates Iraqis and wants to nuke them. I think Ron appeals more to the antiwar dems who don't trust Clinton as well as conservate moderates.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'm still not convinced that rp is the lord and savior

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemer! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-31-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Set the Tonight Show to record for this and just watched it. Again, I thought Ron Paul came off great. He does much better in an interview format where he's given proper time to explain his ideas than in the debate format where he's cut off after 40 seconds.

I think the difference between him and someone like Obama is that Obama's goal is to get through the time alotted saying as little as possible while Paul's actually got a really strong message that he wants to spend as much time as he can explaining to America.

I still can't see him actually winning, but it is amazing how quickly he's gaining support. It's not that long ago that his big exposure was a late night weekend show on HBO and now here he is on national television, doing major talk shows. I think he could definitely win some states and pick us some delegates and he's getting the message of limited government out a lot better than I would have ever thought he could a year ago.

Honestly, if he's really given enough coverage by the mainstream media, there's no reason he shouldn't be able to win. I think if the average Republican spent 30 minutes looking over Paul's platform and his record and 30 minutes doing the same to Giuiliani or even listened to an hour-long debate between the two, probably 60% or so would say they agreed with Paul more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow he really owned this interview IMHO. He spoke really well, nothing seemed forced (I had initial doubts about his charisma), and importantly he emphasized the message and came off as funny! Feel much better about shipping monies on the fifth now...Hopefully with clips like this and his excellent Wikipedia article it can really help bolster his support with those on the margin.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:52 AM

Itīs rather difficult to come out of these interviews looking bad. Its a friendly setting, soft questions and the host intend to make the guest feel welcomed and relaxed.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Itīs rather difficult to come out of these interviews looking bad. Its a friendly setting, soft questions and the host intend to make the guest feel welcomed and relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just say that if Tom Cruise was running for Pres. he would have lost my vote last night.