Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 PM

Default stacking off superlight vs carrotsnake

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $338.05
BB: $129.30
Hero (UTG): $209.00
CO: $165.00
BTN: $281.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $8.00, SB calls $7.00, BB folds

Flop: ($26) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $50.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $32.00

Turn: ($130) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $85.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $151.00</font>

Obviously under normal circumstances this is an easy flop fold. The hand immediately before, i iso-raised somebody preflop and raised their donkbet and he folded. In my notess for this player i had a note that he folds to donkbets pretty consistently.

carrotsnake was also 8tabling at the time, so im not sure if he noticed the previous hand on that table where i raised his donkbet and he folded. At the time i thought he might have noticed, so i thought he might be 3betting my flop raise with air thinking that im just raising his donkbet knowing that he folds alot.

i thought carrotsnake may have been on some kind of draw...so was debating whether to bet/call or crai(with no fold equity so effectively check/call)...but eventually decided that if he had pure air i could let him carry on bluffing.

what do you think? fold the turn since he normally gives up once his bluff gets caught? or call since hes definately laggy enough to carry on firing knowing that ill almost never just flat call his flop raise with a set/twopair since it must appear that he likes his hand?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: stacking off superlight vs carrotsnake

I don't follow. Is carrotsnake on the BTN. You talk about him donk-betting but the thats the SB...

I'm just confused.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Is he really going to fire another barrel with air on the turn after you called the flop raise?
Old 07-27-2007, 04:31 PM

I can't imagine when Raising from UTG with Q9o will be a good play for me.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:36 PM

im assuming csnake is button and SB is irrelevant, correct?

if so, he puts you on pretty much what you have - a marginal 1 pair hand ~ 88-JJ, weaker Q's. he's def capable of following through on the turn if hes bluffing, and i think he would fire again most times you just call flop with whatever he happened to raise flop with - air, draws, any pair, monsters.

the problem is, due to the way you played the hand theres no way to tell if he trying to psuh you off becaue he knows what you have, or actually flopped big and is trying to extract because he knows what you have. whats up with your weak ass flop raise? raise properly to 35 or so, or just call.

i dont mind your turn push as played, but the flop line sucks.
edit- so does PF
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 PM

pretty solid argument for a pf fold if CS like to CC ip (assuming he's OTB)
Old 07-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Don't like how this hand played. I would often fold to opps reraise cuz i think he has something strong. Another factor to fold is that when carrotsnake raise Sb was in game, not only u.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:43 PM

actually i hate this turn c/r b/c at this point it's too late to try to move him off of anything. this c/r has no fe; he's getting ridiculous odds.

also, fold pf
Old 07-27-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually i hate this turn c/r b/c at this point it's too late to try to move him off of anything. this c/r has no fe; he's getting ridiculous odds.

also, fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

the ch/r is not to move him off any hand. its for value... CS is comitted now.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also, fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]

the ch/r is not to move him off any hand. its for value... CS is comitted now.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's highly debatable whether we are betting for value here. even though hero made a small flop raise, i think you've got to give csnake at least some credit for a made hand/big draws when he cold 3bets this hand on the flop.