Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: The Well: Pudge714

[ QUOTE ]
Very often you're the only one playing 100$+ who answers in 16$ and lower threads, thanks for that.

Why do you do it ? Why others don't ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do it out of the goodness of my heart. I just do it because I'm bored usually. Other $114s+ play a lot more and never really posted as much as me.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were to make a music video, on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 1 being low and 10 being high) how much similarity would it have to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZt64_XOflk ?

[/ QUOTE ]
0. If I made a music video it would cconsist of me making it rain and drinking cristal.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How do you define success?

[/ QUOTE ]
I assume you are referring to success in life and not poker. Realistically there are probably much better people to ask than me, but I guess it will be therapeutic for me to respond. Success is relative, but there is some objectivity for instance I think most people would agree that Someone with a job they love and a family they love as beingmore succesfull than a crackhead, however compare that to a CEO who likes his job with no family the question of who is more successful become much trickier than. This ties in with your next question, but if you are healthy and happy you are probably successful. Obviously wealth is important to a degree, I will quote g2cu when he said "They say money can't buy happiness.. look at the [censored] smile on my face.. ear to ear baby"

[ QUOTE ]
How do you define happiness?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/happiness
Happiness is so subjective it is difficult to define. People know if they are happy and if other people are happy, but often times it is difficult to explain why, outside of responding "He's just a happy guy" or something like that. Happiness is different for every person so to create an objective definition would be wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you value in life?

[/ QUOTE ]
Health, family, friends.

[ QUOTE ]

What do you believe is your biggest personal weakness?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have an pretty big ego. I am lazy and unorganized.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna try the same thing as Mike...

You've replied to hunderds of my posts (thanks you for that!). I only post hands where I a) dont know what to do b) want confirmation.

Based on my posts, what should I work on?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to tell giant leaks from watching people post. Most leaks people have consist of shoving too wide/tight or calling too wide/tight (usually too tight for calling). In order to really recognize those leaks I would need to sweat you for a couple tourneys.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 AM

Why did you first start playing poker? How has that changed?

Personally, how many BI do you have in your BR?

Does your ego ego interfere with your development as a person? poker player? If so, how?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will quote g2cu when he quoted Ben Afflect in the Boiler Room "They say money can't buy happiness.. look at the [censored] smile on my face.. ear to ear baby"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 03-14-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will quote g2cu when he quoted Ben Afflect in the Boiler Room "They say money can't buy happiness.. look at the [censored] smile on my face.. ear to ear baby"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never seen Boiler Room and I still prefer attributing that quote to g2cu.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you first start playing poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as a thing to do. A hobby instead of watching tv or playing video games.
[ QUOTE ]
How has that changed?

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot. I have met tons of people through poker and I can make good money playing it. So I need to play it more seriously. Also before if I went to a movie instead of playing a freeroll or a $2 SNG it wouldn't matter. Now that I can make $100/hr things have changed a lot because I often feel like I need to play.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, how many BI do you have in your BR?

[/ QUOTE ]
Right now 200. Realistically I feel you need 100 to play the $60s or $114s. You can have less, if you take controlled shots. Take like 20 BI move up if you win stay up if you lose move down.

[ QUOTE ]
Does your ego ego interfere with your development as a person? poker player? If so, how?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes as a person. Not really as a poker player. There is a really weird thing when you become good at something where you realize you still suck. I have a friend who I think is an awesome guitar player, but talking to him he thinks that he sucks because guys the world best guitar player are so much better than him. The same thing is true for poker it's kind of tough to have an ego about it when I know 15-20 people in real life who are unequivocally better than me. In real life, my ego affects me, but not that much. It's more that my ego is responsible for a handful of stupid actions, which have consequences.
Note: From reading this I sound like an egomanaicial sociopath. That isn't the case at all, I am a normal person, with a inflated selfworth.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:25 AM

A thousand buy-ins to play the $60s? Surely a misprint?
Old 03-14-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A thousand buy-ins to play the $60s? Surely a misprint?

[/ QUOTE ]
Typing one extra zero is the nuts.