Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2007, 10:10 PM

Default What will make you happy?

Around 95% of you reading this sentence are relatively young men. Most of you are probably pretty comfortable financially. A lot of you have travelled extensively and seen the world, sometimes purely on the back of poker. That's pretty wild - I think about it a lot. This game has been good to so many.

On the surface your lifestyle probably looks incredible and glamorous. And that's because it pretty much is. I go through ridiculous mood swings every day for reasons I haven't quite figured out yet, but no matter how much I moan, I always try to remind myself that I have a pretty damn good life.

But I am not happy.

Not how I would like to be, at least. And having spoke to some of you, it appears I am not alone. I start to wonder what it takes to be truly happy, day in, day out. Is that even possible?

Of course, a lot of what I'm talking about boils down to them. Women. I know it's cool and 'alpha' to spout lines about ignoring them and not putting them on a pedestal, and for years I believed it. (Although I probably didn't follow it.)

But the more I talk to friends the more I realise that everyone seems almost anxious about the future and the uncertainty of whether they will be happy. Someone just told me he is happy now, but wonders if he will ever be REALLY happy until he marries that perfect girl.

Is that relationship even enough though? Or do you need to have children with that person and see the smile on your son or daughter's face to experience that happiness we seem to crave?

Talk to me.

PS. Sorry about the Tommy Angelo meets Carrie Bradshaw meets bisonbison writing style. I don't know what came over me.