Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Recommend me 360 games!

Just ordered a 360 + guitar hero (since I quietly like DDR so I figure this is the slightly more hetro version). What're the other must haves?
Old 04-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Recommend me 360 games!

MLB 2K7 plays great if you're willing to adjust the AI sliders to your playing style (www.2ksports.com/forums)
Old 04-22-2007, 07:04 PM

I just bought Burnout Revenge. It's about a year old, but it is a ton of fun. Not realistic at all, just high speed racing and massive explosions.

Also Oblivion LDO, one of the best games I've ever played.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:37 PM

Gears of War
Dead Rising
Old 04-23-2007, 12:59 AM

If you have Guitar Hero 2 then you don't need any other games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll second Gears of War and Oblivion. Both great games.

If you like japanese RPGs you might like Enchanted Arms. It's one of the only 360 games that I've played all the way through.

Crackdown is fun. And I also liked Saints Row.

Dead Rising didn't do anything for me at all.

Rainbow 6: Las Vegas and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 have gotten good reviews. I played GRAW1 myself and liked it a lot. I haven't gotten around to playing R6:LV or GRAW2 yet.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:28 AM

I really liked Gears of War and Crackdown. I found GRAW to be pretty boring. Those are the only three 360 games I own so I can't offer opinions on other stuff. Halo 2 is a winner too.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:17 AM

Fight Night Round 3 is great. I'm not much of a fan of sports games, but the controls in FN make it so much fun. You can download a demo on Live. Ninety Nine Nights is a fun kill 2352308957235 things on the screen at once type game - there's also a demo available. I'd also second Enchanted Arms. Dead or Alive 4 is fun. Then of course: Gears of War, Crackdown, Oblivion, Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six Vegas, etc.. And check out the arcade games: Luxor 2, Geometry Wars, Alien Hominid, Street Fighter 2, etc..
Old 04-23-2007, 05:09 AM

Can you even afford three hundred and sixty games?

My games

Gears
COD2&3
Table Tennis
Top Spin Tennis
Winning Eleven Soocer
Tiger Woods
Fight Night 3
Burnout Revenge

Gears is very solid, probably the must own title. Lots more fun with a buddy(co-op). Online play is great.

Winning Eleven is the best soccer franchise out there, but FIFA is closing the gap. I've been playing Winning Eleven/Pro Evo for years now and this years 360 version is the most difficult to score on by far. The PS2 version is not, and actually has more features. Weird. Still the best soccer sim out there.

Table Tennis is cool for about 48 minutes. Top Spin looks good and plays well. Its just inexplicably boring as hell.

Burnout is good clean fun. Mindless as hell.

Everyone oughta know what COD games are like by now. A bit repetitive, but generally quality titles.

Tiger is as great as it always is. I've won a lot of money gambling on Tiger.

As Dire said above, Fight Night 3 has been one of the most pleasant surprises on the 360. I'd never bought a boxing game before. I DL'ed the demo, it looked cool, so I went to BB and it was only 29.99. Bonus. The music isn't my favorite and the training can be a little repetitive, but the meat of the game, the boxing obv, is just awesome.

There are a lot more great games, like Godfather or Scarface, but you may have played these on the last generation.

Best advice is just to DL'ed every demo and try them. I've bought several games this way, and may buy the seemingly ridiculous Lego Star Wars 2 game since, for reasons unknown, I enjoy the hell out of it.

As for upcoming games, I'm really looking forward to Kane&Lynch and Army of Two. Plus this little game called Heylow. Heard of it?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 AM

First of all, sorry for using no paragraphs in my reply, but firefox in combination with vista will crash if I do that on 2+2... Ok the games I got: guitar hero 2 (great but you've allready got it), gears of war completed this one on hardcore co-op and thought it was awesome, same goes for rainbow six las vegas, dead rising is a game I played for quite a while some hate it but I actually love the game. Crackdown some hate it, but I love it, GTA but with more action/jumping going on. Oh how can I forget pro evolution soccer 6, probably the game I've played the most on the 360. Then on to the games that I think are ok: PGR 3, burnout, fight night 3, dead or alive, splinter cell double agent (not really a stealth guy, so this really depends on the person playing it), GRAW2, lost planet, rockstars table tennis. Games that I've owned but I thought were crap: Over G fighters, Call of duty 3 (well not really crap, but it simply didn't satisfy me at all after rainbow six las vegas), rayman raving rabbits (not that funny), test drive unlimited, and probably some more that I forgot. Keep in mind though, that I don't have that much time to play so I prefer the games where you can save in between.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 AM

My favorites:

Gears
Tiger 2007
Burnout Revenge