Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Libertarians
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-israeli stance more than the pro-palestinian one. 16 76.19%
I consider myself a libertarian and agree with the pro-palestinian stance more than the pro-israeli one. 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: My Campus is getting shot up.

wiki page
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i never really understood why people in these situations hardly ever fight back. actually i do, and its pretty sad

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont understand what it is like. Prented you're at your computer and someone kicks down the door and starts shooting. Now react.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine it would be almost impossible to coordinate with people while you are down on the ground waiting to be executed and probably told to be quiet or they would kill you. Also, the first person who leads the charge would be killed and I doubt anyone would want to take that initiative in that situation.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 PM

yo barret, for your own good, you might wanna edit out those death threats

I've already read them so now you can delete them to avoid the banhammer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I never thought anything like this could happen in college because teasing just doesn't happen there.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually it does, and its often worse than in high school

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my two cents, its not relevant or any excuse, but in high school teasing is so much worse and in college it doesnt really occur as much. I hardly see bullying or teasing at all at mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right about the teasing, but I think the different pressures can have a much greater effect on a person than some random punks in class. The pressure to do well in competiitve majors and from parents can be enough alone much less when you throw in some sort of thing like a GF breakng up. Some people just can't handle it. It's truely sad that this person took this course of action when he cracked.

[ QUOTE ]
Police said they were still investigating the shooting at the dorm — and the campus was under lockdown, with students to stay indoors and away from the windows — when authorities got word of gunfire at the classroom building.

7:15 lockdown I was at home, at 8:45 I left for classes unaware of the lockdown. I got to class unaware of the lockdown and waited until about 9:50 when I became away of people getting shot.

This is from msnbc.com. They say the campus was "under lockdown" from the first shooting when the 2nd was going. Is this a lie? Don't know what "lockdown" official means, but that that mean classes are still on?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I dont like seeing pictures like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain that person is dead that they are carrying. He has a bullet wound on his right thigh that isn't bleeding. That said, they shouldn't show it regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

out of respect to EVERYONE, not even fox news would stoop low enough to blow this up on the front page if he were dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt think they would show it if he were dead but it sure looks it and it seems to be all over the front pages now

[/ QUOTE ]

This picture is kind of confusing to me. On CNN, they went to local TV coverage and they had this pic up. And said that this was from an earlier arrest/incident out on the drill field?

[/ QUOTE ]

we all know the picture, if you're gonna quote the convo, you don't need to show the pic

RE: Guy being carried in picture: i want to say he isnt dead but i cant imagine trained professionals carrying him in that manner otherwise.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:24 PM

Has anyone seen the video footage of while the shots were going off? I was literally yelling at my TV for the cops " [censored] DO SOMETHING " 3-4 cops are just walking slowly towards the building when shots are going off every other second. Also, I want to know more about the 7:30am shooting and the 911 call and also the email that was sent out to campus along the lines of "We are investigating a shooting on campus" and then nothing was cancelled, etc...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
QUIT BUMPING THE [censored] PIC!!!!
I dont like seeing pictures like this

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain that person is dead that they are carrying. He has a bullet wound on his right thigh that isn't bleeding. That said, they shouldn't show it regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

out of respect to EVERYONE, not even fox news would stoop low enough to blow this up on the front page if he were dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt think they would show it if he were dead but it sure looks it and it seems to be all over the front pages now

[/ QUOTE ]

This picture is kind of confusing to me. On CNN, they went to local TV coverage and they had this pic up. And said that this was from an earlier arrest/incident out on the drill field?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
RE: Guy being carried in picture: i want to say he isnt dead but i cant imagine trained professionals carrying him in that manner otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a retired detective on FoxNews who said carrying people this way is standard. He said they do this in order to quickly evacuate wounded in case there is a second shooter, rather than leave the victim and themselves at risk waiting for an ambulance.