Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:02 PM

Default My inner calling station lives....

at the time the hand was played the SmallBlind here was running at about 23/10/6 over maybe 80 hands.

So yeah, he has a high postflop aggro that is typical of a bet/folder.

FWIW I decided to call down based on his apparent bet/fold tendencies and because of the paired flop but my whole game is kinda messed up at the moment cos its been a bad month so who knows what Im thinking. sigh. Im back down to 0.5/1 to retool for a bit.

Anyway, what say you? what range are you putting him on? if you want more bets to go into the pot then where and why?

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 09-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: My inner calling station lives....

I guess there's some chance of A7, but I think villain's most likely holding is small or medium pocket pair. UI ace is another possibility. With big pockets or a T, he would have more likely have sprung the trap by c/r. So I think calldown is a perfectly reasonable line here.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:42 PM

If you want to slowplay the flop like that based on villains bet/fold tendencies, I would raise the turn.
As you played the turn so passively, you don't know if he's betting some weird PP or A7 or a T combination (JTs,QTs,KT,AT). So you'll just have to call the river, no raise.

*edit* of course, there are no weird PP, just weird people...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:51 PM

bella or anyone else, if we raise the turn then whats your plan if he 3 bets? for the sake of the argument, consider both the case when hero is unknown to villain and when he has a read that I am an ABC multitabling tag (which I was at time hand was played)
Old 09-21-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at the time the hand was played the SmallBlind here was running at about 23/10/6 over maybe 80 hands.

So yeah, he has a high postflop aggro that is typical of a bet/folder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks good. Don't raise unless you want to get into a raising war or you're bluffing.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:59 PM

This is a case where I commit myself to the calldown at the turn. The K is not a particularly good card since it is in his pF SB calling range, but you are still calling and your notes on him are open and ready for an entry.

He's a 20/10/6. What does he coolcall with in the SB here and donk with?
Old 09-21-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bella or anyone else, if we raise the turn then whats your plan if he 3 bets? for the sake of the argument, consider both the case when hero is unknown to villain and when he has a read that I am an ABC multitabling tag (which I was at time hand was played)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really have a hard time with the unknown, but would probably fold... uh... maybe... perhaps not... aaaarrrgh. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

But with an aggression factor postflop of 6... (Have you really only played 80 hands together? How does he know that you are ABC?). I would call him down from there on. Getting 9.5-2 on my money (call of turn raise, call of river bet), I feel that there might be the possibility (&gt;20%) he's 3-betting his pocket pair here like crazy and trying to get me off AK or so.

In summary, my tendency to fold for raises or c/r or 3-bets on the turn grows larger as the player profile gets more passive and the table stakes get lower. Here you had a low table stake, but a very aggressive opponent.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:18 PM

Nh. People love to donk-bluff paired flops for some reason. Raising the turn can't be too bad, though, and don't fold if he 3bets.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:22 PM

A10 or pocket pair like 6's through 8's.

I would reraise the turn and call down to a 3 bet.

If its redonked on the river, its another call expecting to see AK KJ something like that.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:25 PM

Ozi, I think this line is fine, but frequently in spots like this, I will raise the flop and check behind the turn for a cheaper SD. If he does have a T, he's gonna attempt to c/r the turn so often that you rarely have to worry about a 3bet on the flop.