Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: blind defence review hand....gogogo

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played that game, which makes it hard.

The preflop call is fine unless you think villain is a nit (no reads = not assumed to be a nit).

The line is good up to the river, where the only remaining interesting decision lies. Do you call a river bet or do you fold? Against an unknown, I'm inclined to just fold because the AKx board is already scary enough to prevent many players from betting, and when you add in the xx78T 3-flush, you've got a board that will freeze up almost any weaker player. If he's capable of bluffing there, you should find out pretty quickly by watching a few hands and then you'll have plenty of time (hopefully) to win it back from him.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:03 PM

i generally call open raises from the hijack+ with suited kings ... but i need to know the guy has some aggression

when I first start a session i generally play my blind soft untill i get a feel for the table (you can get yourself into a lot of trouble playing hands like these against unknowns)

as for post flop i would generally play it the same (and fold that river most of the time if villain bets) ... sometimes I'll donk the flop and expect to get looked up with less than aces (folding to a raise, most of the time)
Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 PM

GRUNCH:

Generally in a blind defense hand, I like to raise a pair when I get one. Usually the flop since it's good and cheap. If 3-bet, I know I'm probably in trouble. If villain is position aware, his raising range is much wider than it otherwise would be, thus does not necessarily include an A or better K.

Hero is playing this like a WA/WB, except he missed the river donk. I would probably play it this way against a villain who isn't position aware or rarely steals. His range is much more likely to include the A, but also might be big pockets.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:16 AM

*grunch

I would bet/fold the river as a blind defense move if I knew the guy attacked more than 20% of his hands here but likely I would fold the flop.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:24 AM

smurph

bet/folding the river can easily not be correct if the guy isn't going to call any worse hands. if you read the shorthanded forums you'll see c/c c/c c/f as a recommended line more often, simply because there's sort of an inflection point between the turn and river where people decide to fire barrels much less often. obviously with a significant read, everything becomes a lot easier; however, folding the flop is pretty much incorrect vs. 100% of villains as you are drawing correctly or beating a vast majority of villain's hands. don't ignore 66-QQ or your implied odds vs. AQ.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:17 PM

thanks for the info miles I didn't think of that cause honestly K6 s in a full ring I would probably fold but shorthanded what you stated makes the most sense.

I was thinking of a king high flop only as a playable hand here other than a flush draw and that is way too tight.

In full ring I probably leak a lot because I fold to aces more often than not, since most people over play them I just assume that is what they have.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:08 PM

perfect.