Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: sigh, yves

I'm sorry, i forgot to note that. TT, I gave him that title so Gild/Adanthar could ban him, although Adanthar basically gave him a pass when I pointed it out. Admittedly I was pissed because I was life tilting, posted hands where I was tilting hard, and Yves rubbed it in in his first post so I did my best to out him. I don't know why Adanthar didnt immediately ban him even when 'stay vein' responded when I called him yves.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:45 AM

this is so fking annoying...he even said he would stay out of bbv and look at this crap

I honestly gave him a chance to start posting again and he throws it back in my face. Not to mention he completely disregards Big Jim's mod decision.

I am going to ask Mat for an ip ban on yves. This is totally unacceptable and is the same old [censored].
Old 08-03-2007, 09:55 AM

[x] Permaban time
Old 08-03-2007, 10:17 AM

banned both accounts, waiting on ip ban from mat
Old 08-03-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know very little about Yves except that he is close in real life with a few of my friends like Vanessa, Prevaricator, etc. Have any of you talked with Yves directly, or one of his friends that you happen to be close with to see if you can reason with him? Everyone says he is the coolest guy in real life, if he is really that cool then surly he must be able to come to a reasonable middle ground if he gets some outside input? He is looking for attention, maybe we should give him some?

of course I could also be wrong... but all could work out just fine with a simple phone call to make amends. This worked with Dan Bright, didnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, imo it is totally irrelevant what he does outside of 2p2. We are not RL policeman and our interests are only regarding behaviour on the 2p2 boards (and even then, only the interests within our subforums). I don't really care what he does outside of 2p2 or what he's like irl; his only relevant actions are how he acts on 2p2.

Dan Bright is different...he has actually apologized and recognized that his behaviour was unacceptable, which is something yves never has and probably never will do. Dan Bright is also not a problem at ALL anymore in bbv, not even close to a problem. Every time yves comes back he is always a huge problem.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM

I think you guys made this way too complicated. If he's banned from BBV, he's banned from 2+2.

From what I've read and seen everyone should consider him ban on sight now. I'll block the IP.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know very little about Yves except that he is close in real life with a few of my friends like Vanessa, Prevaricator, etc. Have any of you talked with Yves directly, or one of his friends that you happen to be close with to see if you can reason with him? Everyone says he is the coolest guy in real life, if he is really that cool then surly he must be able to come to a reasonable middle ground if he gets some outside input? He is looking for attention, maybe we should give him some?

of course I could also be wrong... but all could work out just fine with a simple phone call to make amends. This worked with Dan Bright, didnt it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, imo it is totally irrelevant what he does outside of 2p2. We are not RL policeman and our interests are only regarding behaviour on the 2p2 boards (and even then, only the interests within our subforums). I don't really care what he does outside of 2p2 or what he's like irl; his only relevant actions are how he acts on 2p2.

Dan Bright is different...he has actually apologized and recognized that his behaviour was unacceptable, which is something yves never has and probably never will do. Dan Bright is also not a problem at ALL anymore in bbv, not even close to a problem. Every time yves comes back he is always a huge problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although it doesn't matter now that the ban on sight status has been added, the goal was to get Yves to recognize his behavior was unacceptable through real world channels since we couldn't reach him through online, of course the ultimate goal was an apology like Dan's. Oh well, it was worth trying.... Yves hung himself each time he was given the rope though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 PM

ryan,

we're not allowed to do "ban from bbv" and we wanted him to post in strat, where he historically has been an OK poster. so "we" gave him a shot (the 10th or so) to do good, and he pooped on us. i don't think it's fair to say we made it more complicated than it has to be, since we're in general not supposed to be removing good strat posters for being meh to bad at off topic forums, and the admins have said we can't block people just from bbv forums. in fact, "we" tried to make it as simple as possible, without doing anything silly to a decent strat poster.

meh on the whole thing, i've never even thought his strategy posts were that good, so whatever. i'm just saying that "we tried to let the guy have an account and post strategy without being in bbv or 'outing himself'" i don't think was complicated or dumb in any way, and, if yves wasn't such a [censored] douchebag, it would have worked out fine and everyone would be happy.

on top of never thinking he's been that good at strategy or poker or whatever, he's obviously just way too stupid/racist/whatever to play nice, so whatever, [censored] him.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Making it as simple as possible for me is this:

If you do something bad enough to get banned in BBV, you don't get to keep the privilege of posting in other forums.

BBV allows more than any other forum on 2+2. That's fine. But when a poster proves they can't follow rules there it tells me they shouldn't be on the site at all. People shouldn't see being a good strat poster as a pass to do whatever they want.

BBV is obviously not OOT, and I don't think they should become closer by allowing exiles. Also, BBV is still meant to be for anyone who wants to whine about gambling. I don't see it as an OT forum.

BBV4Life is different, but I still prefer the choice we give people by not allowing exiles there.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:37 PM

Adanthar,

Why didn't you take any action on Yves when I pointed it out? You said you wanted proof or something, but he responded several times when I addressed him as Yves. I thought at the time he wasn't supposed to post in BBV at all?